3M PPF No longer being installed at Port/Texas?

Hello everyone,

Been reading this forum for several months and finally decided to join.

The window tint conversations on this site have been, not only informative, but also fairly entertaining and its good to see the interchanging of helpful info. that helps the entire industry to thrive. THANK YOU!

Anyway, I just heard that 3M is no longer the choice of PPF for the US inventory of Toyota.

Toyota is one of our biggest accounts and it would be nice if someone could confirm this and also if it is true, what film are they using? Occasionally, we are asked to add more protection to a new vehicle that already has hood and fenders. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

They are using Suntek window film and ppf.

That's what I had heard. Thanks

Now, really thinking hard about stepping out from 3M.

I know this is a really stupid question but considering this change, is Suntek a good product? We have their tint in our shop but haven't ever considered their PPF. Compared to Scotchguard Pro 2 Generation 4?  Thnx

"upperkirby"..............nice website.

SunTek is a good product.....but you have to sell it.....

3M sell itself....the educated and uneducated consumer know 3M.....The film is more expensive but you can charge more.

We used to carry SunTek almost 6 yrs ago....and sale was good....but when we carry 3M....sale was great....I was able to buy a new X5 and remodel my lobby with the extra money.....just from window tint money.....

show me the money  :money

I personally do not know one 3M dealer that carries the brand for any other reason than the household brand name...like upperkirby said, it sells itself.  I know tons of people that use SunTek PPF and love it so quality probably won't be an issue.  You will save money on film, but might have to lower your prices (maybe not) to help move it so in the end might end up with the same amount of profit.

I agree with the 3m being the known brand. But I would have to say I get more of my PPF customers asking about xpel and suntek now. I think forums are the reason behind that. As far as tint I get someone asking what brand we use once in a blue moon. But when they do it's always "do your carry 3m"

I agree with the 3m being the known brand. But I would have to say I get more of my PPF customers asking about xpel and suntek now. I think forums are the reason behind that. As far as tint I get someone asking what brand we use once in a blue moon. But when they do it's always "do your carry 3m"

You could always order a roll of Suntek and offer both options for a trial period and see which works out better.  Xpel is another good one, but with the 3M lawsuit I would not sign up to be a new dealer quite yet.

Sorry my post did sound like I use 3m. I use Suntek for PPF and Global for my Tint. I personally have never had a hard time selling against 3m. I don't even talk brand to my customers unless asked. I'm a firm believer in promoting my company not a brand. Now that being said if I were a 3M dealer I would market the crap out of that. Haha

I was a 3M dealer (one of the top 3 in the UK by volume at one point) and they had a good chance to pretty much sew the UK up (I know its only a small market compared to others, but it's where I live...) The dealers were starting to get to know each other and more importantly trust each other. But as is 3M's way all they want to do is shift boxes and a combination bad customer service (I was actually told my loyalty should be with them not my customers)  low quality kits (not all of them but once you have cut a few kits that are 'baggy' around the edges you loose trust pretty quickly) delayed film updates, at the time McLaren was my biggest customer and the service manager had seen some other films and preferred the look of them. I was told in Jan 2014 by my 3M contact that the Pro Series would be out imminently but he would not give me a date. When there was still no show by April of the same year (and by that time I had been designing my own kits so I was no longer reliant on theirs) Suntek came along and offered me a sample, I tried it and loved it and more importantly so did all of my customers without exception. So don't believe the hype about 3M, if they produce a better film than Suntek I will be interested but it will have to be something special for me to put up with their customer service.

Steve.

Archived