Work flow

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeah January has seen a big decrease in volume of calls here, we stayed pretty busy through most of the fall. 

I too am enjoying the slow down, got a little bit of cheddar stored away from the summer. Time to get caught up on my home renovation that got put on hold and get some stuff done around the shop. :thumb

Its the winter time period. Also if you are a new business it will impact you more, you need to work up your customers over the years. In the winter time you have to take the time and market yourself, advertise to local dealerships, send out information to businesses if you do any flat glass work, you can also contact your supplier and ask them if they have any leads. Some guys actually charge lower than normal just to get themselves busy during those slow months. Here in the bay area as a distributor i seem to be selling a hefty amount of film orders the local tint shops. Just need to get your name out there and with time you will have steady work year round. Good Luck

You know, it's funny you say this.   I don't even do this for primary income....more of a secondary/spending fun money sort of thing and December pretty much was nothing.  After the first of the year, I think I have had 5 or 6 people ask me in the last 4/5 days.  I did four jobs just last week.  They just had to get through the holidays.  Got about 10 jobs lined up and ready with a few in the wings.  Even maybe picked up a job at Sherwin Williams the other day when I bought a little pocket LED light i can use on tight quarter/back glass windows.  Was talking to the cashier about it and a guy there asked me about stripping/relaying front windows on a Silverado...haha.  Gave him my info.

Archived