Reverse roll help

https://youtu.be/FLOFN1sfml8

Ok so it's a little lengthy but here is a video of my attempt at a reverse roll. This particular one I ended up with a bunch of contamination under the rear view mirror. I can only assume that came from touching the button then sliding back down. Any help with this overall would be great, thanks.

Edit be prepared for a lot of heavy breathing.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree that it's probably from the mirror mount. The only thing I do a little different then what you did is not start with so much film pulled out. I only start with about 4-6" and then roll from there. This may help you with getting the mirror lined up better. Just a suggestion.

I agree with not having so much film out to start. The point of the  RR is to make it easier to get the film on the glass. I would add to not pull the liner off the back off the film until the film is sitting flat on the glass. The way you are doing it your fighting the film falling all over from the liner sticking to it. If that makes sense. This will cause little creases from the bends in the film.Also cover up that radio screen. Water will get behind it and look like a oil slick behind the screen, and when it dries it can leave water stains. 

Something else I noticed, you didn't wipe around the mirror mount and flush around it before cleaning the rest of the glass. I usually flush around it once I get to that point and then continue to squeegee from one side to the other from there.

Jimmy, all the dirt on the mirror mount came from your hair being right below it while your head was under the film in your attempt to get the bottom left corner lined up.  If you look, you had your head/hair deep into the mirror opening and rubbing back and forth 2-3 times.  Un-roll it much less than what you started with like the others have said. 

nice name jimmy , my name is jimmy to , I would clean around the button a lot more and I like to Frankie windshields not reverse roll, but I have a whit sheet that I use to cover all electronics also and I use less water

remember the less you move the film the better less chances of contamination

good job tho depends on customer also if its in the drivers line of sight it usually is a problem , I did an old chevy windoshield one time custy said he wasn't picky he just wanted it done it was a gasket set, came out like a sand storm but he was happy , the newer cars are 100 times easier , have u tried not wetting the windshield before install just the film

Archived