Is % Pay Fair When no Additional Work is Needed? (Flat Rate vs %)

I did away with commission % long ago. I do a flat rate with a guarantee pay. That way if we get slow the installer will still get paid.But it's either or type of thing. If you exceed your guarantee pay you get that. Which ever is more.It's more of a safety net for the install if things get slow. Also we do it on a pay period basis, not daily.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I will put my 2 cents in.. Lol. I work % commission. I do not get paid again for returns or warranty work. Which encourages me to do my best work everytime. Who wants to do a job twice and get paid once. I also enjoy the % because I am in charge of my check. The harder I work the more I get paid. I make a % on the final bill. Which sometimes works in my favor other times it doesn't but it all equals out. I am with Ocala with some of the higher end films being harder to install and when a customer pays more they expect more. So the jobs that are up sold better be your best. Which in my opinion entitles more money. I have been with the same shop for almost 10 years. The money is a huge factor in why I stay. Remember good help is hard to find..

Archived