Is it really Nano Particle?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, there is no way to know what was installed.  You basically have to trust the shop you choose which is why it is important to choose a shop with a good reputation and quality products.  The best thing to do is let us know what window tint you bought and upload photos so other dealers for the brand might be able to shed some light.  On the flip side Nano Technology just means the particles are smaller, doesn't mean the film is good or has good heat rejection.  You can have a crappy film with nano technology.  If that is what sold you on paying more than they got you.

wait for a sunny day and see if it blocks a significant amount of heat and makes driving more comfortable ?? :dunno

Other than that you need to trust your installer.  If they are reputable im sure you got what you paid for :twocents

Film metallized by the sputtering process, nano-ceramic and or a carbon based film can fall under the nano technology. Like it has been said, it depends on the size of particle.

Just as well there are savvy business people who know how to price their product to stay in and grow a business, others are happy with fitting in at a median price point and then there are those who haven't a clue and are gone within a few years.

Good quality film like 3M Crystalline you'll be able to notice the difference of heat transfer simply from a heat lamp.   But be confused though, heat will always transfer through glass and tint through conduction.   Rejecting infrared lighting is only part of the equation.   

Good quality film like 3M Crystalline you'll be able to notice the difference of heat transfer simply from a heat lamp.   But be confused though, heat will always transfer through glass and tint through conduction.   Rejecting infrared lighting is only part of the equation.   

Ha... I'm switching away from CR40 because I don't 'feel' any difference in comfort compared to other 40% dye metal or ceramic-dye products however, it does possess greater low angle haze. And, Crystalline isn't a ceramic film.  :spit

Ha... I'm switching away from CR40 because I don't 'feel' any difference in comfort compared to other 40% dye metal or ceramic-dye products however, it does possess greater low angle haze. And, Crystalline isn't a ceramic film.  :spit

Here's my take

Fixed Variable A:

Season A: Mid-day temperatures from Autumn to Spring

Season B: Mid-day temperatures during Summer.

Fixed Variable B:

Basis: Tint VLT 40%

Pure Carbon films are designed to reduce greater % of Infrared Radiation in Season A

Illustrative Example: Season A: 33%, Season B: 15%

Pure LAB6, NIR-absorbing, Polymeric or Multilayer films (without ceramics added) are designed to maximized Infrared Reduction in Season A

Illustrative Example: Season A: 90%, Season B: 15%

Dyed Metal Tints, eg HP,  are designed to reduce similar % of Infrared radiation during Season A & B

Illustrative Example: Season A: 37%, Season B: 40%

Ceramic films (without Carbon Added), are designed to reduce greater % of Infrared Radiation in Season B

Illustrative Example: Season A: 40%, Season B: 90%

However, Advanced Sputtered/Multilayer + Ceramics films eg. LX40 and CR40 used a combination of the above technologies to maximize the reduction during Season A & B

Illustrative Example: Season A: 90%, Season B: 90%

Disclaimer: The illustrative figures refers to specific IR or Solar Radiation reduction at a fixed imaginery wavelength. They are not TSER, because TSER will also consider Visible Light & UV reduction.

I wish to discuss further on the following remarks:

"I don't 'feel' any difference in comfort compared to other 40% dye metal or ceramic-dye products"

This is a valid remark in cooler climates because users can't feel much difference when the solar radiation is lower.

Crystalline isn't a ceramic film

I am not from 3M and I have not read their patents on CR

but I know mathematically, there is no ceramics in CR90 given their TSER and VLT readings.

However, mathematically, there should be some form of ceramics added to CR70 and darker CR, given their TSER.

Greater low angle haze

Master Smartie could be refering to darker CR. Haze varies between CR90, CR70 and CR40 due to these 2 reasons:

- Addition or exclusion of ceramics in the products.

- Type of Ceramics used in darker CR need not be same as higher VLT CR (I am not sure if they are the same)

I give credit to 3M for customizing various models of CR to make the best out of the VLT limitations. Some mannies don't bother to understand Haze and hue and their ceramic autotints have lower heat reduction and greater hue and haze at all VLTs.

Archived