Is it really Nano Particle?

Haze can also be attributed to quality of polyester used and it's quality is determined in terms of brightness when closing a deal for bulk amounts film manufacturer's purchase. Unfortunately the top polyester makers/suppliers cannot keep pace with demand for the brightest (highest quality) polyester. This contributes, too, to the cost of end stage, salable product.

This is the manufacturer of the clearest polyester in Asia

http://www.polyplexthailand.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gstuart

So if the UP has no ceramic particles what causes the haze ???

Dye does not cause low angle haze...

:blink

:thumb  great minds think alike. We responded at the same time.

PART 3: "CLOUDY HAZE when the sun hits it."

This is another tell-tale sign that there are ceramics. Haze is an issue for some mannies when they add ceramics to autotints, include the Japanese

In my opinion, Japan supplies the most expensive and BEST ceramics materials for tints but they are notorious of high-performing autotints with hue.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/76463-aswf-longevity/?p=1293741

I give credit to 3M for customizing various models of CR to make the best out of the VLT limitations. Some mannies don't bother to understand Haze and hue and their ceramic autotints have lower heat reduction and greater hue and haze at all VLTs.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/82557-is-it-really-nano-particle/?p=1293740

Look, I use to think UP was Ceramic because that's what the tint shop told me.  But after calling Solargard, they confirmed it was NOT ceramic.

If you look at Solarguard website, there is also no mention of it being CERAMIC.  UP also has the LOWEST heat rejection of all "Ceramic" tints.

What causes the haze?  It's coated with some cheap nano particles. Not ceramic.  I don't remember what type of coating it is, but it starts with a (T).  Either titanium or Tin. You can call them and verify.

Look for yourself. Call them if you want.  Then come back and say yep, it's not ceramic.  (I did)   Matter of fact, there was like 4 pages of me saying it was ceramic on another thread. That was, until I gave Solarguard a call.

===

http://solargard.com/window-films/automotive/auto-films/ultra-performance

just a FYI GStuart... Tin is one of the more popular 'ceramic' particles used in making ceramic films...

I suspect you managed to get all the way to somebody who didnt know what they were talking about.

Thanks for playing though :thumb

Guest gstuart

just a FYI GStuart... Tin is one of the more popular 'ceramic' particles used in making ceramic films...

I suspect you managed to get all the way to somebody who didnt know what they were talking about.

Thanks for playing though :thumb

Like I said, I don't remember. But they definitely said it was NOT ceramic. They even called the shop to tell them to stop selling it as "ceramic".

Who should I listen to?  Some guy on the net or the actual spokesman for Solarguard. lol 

~ I Spoke with 2 different rep.  1 told me they couldn't say what it was, the other said something that start with a (t).  Still no clear answers to what it is coated with.  The ex employee calls it nano paste.

I was offered a full refund for the misrepresentation. ($470).  But didn't take their offer as the install itself was clean.

--------

Every other manufacturers actually calls names their Ceramic tint "Ceramic".   Solarguard just calls it Nano technology.  UP also doesn't REJECT heat as good as the actual Ceramic tints. Look it up.

example: Formula One 30% Tint rejects 57% Solar Energy,  Ultra Performance 30 only rejects 43%.

Like I said, I don't remember. But they definitely said it was NOT ceramic. They even called the shop to tell them to stop selling it as "ceramic".

Who should I listen to?  Some guy on the net or the actual spokesman for Solarguard. lol 

~ I Spoke with 2 different rep.  1 told me they couldn't say what it was, the other said something that start with a (t).  Still no clear answers to what it is coated with.  The ex employee calls it nano paste.

hihi gstuart, I hope you enjoy these discussions and not irritated.

Both Solargard and Suntek did not market Carbon XP or UP as ceramic films, but it does not mean that there are no ceramic chemicals added in UP. (Please refer to Part 2 of m reply #13 in this thread). The marketing of a product purely depends on what fanciful theme manufacturers adopt for a product range. yes, you named it earlier, eg. Nanotechnology, Nano-ceramics, nano-particles, etc.

Likewise, I shared about the inclusion and exclusion of ceramics in different VLTs of Crystalline and I bet some junior 3M sale-reps are not aware of that too because the priority was to market Crystalline as a multi-optical film with 200-layers.

I am just making my guess about UP film-type through the product attributes. Thereshould be some scientific basis on my part. Look, Sir, I reiterate that few sales rep knows in-depth about the science behind window films like our residential guru Smartie2shoes. Many sale reps are just happily reciting from their web portals.

Guest gstuart

I'm just going by what Solarguard told me.  Again, I originally thought it was ceramic.

The shop that installed UP even apologized for claiming it to be ceramic after being contacted by a Solarguard rep.

The excuse I got was that "ceramic" was a buzz word so they went with it.

Guest gstuart

In any case, if I were to do it all over, I would go with Formula1 Pinnacle. Less HAZE, better heat rejection, and CHEAPER. 

And it's actually marketed as nano-Ceramic.

In any case, if I were to do it all over, I would go with Formula1 Pinnacle. Less HAZE, better heat rejection, and CHEAPER. 

And it's actually marketed as nano-Ceramic.

Where have you seen Pinnacle marketed as a "nano" ceramic? 

Archived