Rayno S5 or Llumar or 3M

Hi tintdudes,

I am considering doing window tinting for my Toyota Prius 2015.

A couple of shops near by home carry Llumar and 3M FX. Another shop further away has Rayno S5. Prices are comparable.

Can you provide your guidance on which film is better among these? My criteria is high heat rejection and UV protection with long lasting quality and zero interference with car electronics, radio AM/FM, GPS, cell phone reception.

Also, with Llumar is there a specific type that is more preferable?

I am in Bay Area, northern california, USA.

Cheers!

Really depends on what line of llumar you were priced.

Llumar and 3M are both time tested film that will for sure give you longevity, while Rayno is a fairly new film company that has not been around long enough to know just how long it will last. However the Rayno s5 does not contain any dye. Which means it should last very well.

As for performance. The s5 will out perform both llumar atc and 3M fx. But only by a very little. Should you choose to go with the company selling Rayno window film. I would suggest to step up to either the s7 or s9 if maximum heat rejection is what you are after.

Northern CA? Call Rocky Mountain Window Tint in Livermore CA. He uses Llumar. Like coast to coast said, all are great films, Rayno just lacks the track record. I Personally use nothing but Global QDP and HP and Ceramic line, Six years and still looks good as day one, and i live in the Valley which is about two hours south of Bay, and it gets HOT over here in Summer :) Oh yeah, if you go with Llumar, and if cost is not a factor then get the Ceramic, Good luck.

Why wouldn't you go with Lulu CTX? It's not like you only spent a couple hundred bucks on your car. If a film can block out more heat from entering the glass keeping your little motor from having to kick on and charge the batteries,you could actually get better mpg and the film would pay for itself. Would also make you feel more comfortable while driving. A no brainer to me.

Thanks guys.

I've decided on Llumar for the Prius 2015.

ATC is much cheaper than ATR. Will ATR cause interference to the radio AM/FM electronics, cell phone/GPS?

Think of ATR as the same as ATC just with metal.  So performance is much higher, but there is a chance of interference.  From what I have seen, researched, and asked shops AM stations will have interference.  FM stations usually do not, Cell Phone  usually do not, and GPS shouldn't since antennas are on the outside,  However there is no guarantee.

Thanks guys.

I've decided on Llumar for the Prius 2015.

ATC is much cheaper than ATR. Will ATR cause interference to the radio AM/FM electronics, cell phone/GPS?

Ask the shop to install ATR to the side glass and ATC or CTX to the back glass, IF, there is no evidence of an exterior (and or roof) mounted aerial.

Archived