Can tint be installed on dot matrix?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you voiced your concern with the shop that installed the film? Did they tell you they cut it short?

Hard to tell from the pics, but from what I can tell from my tiny iPhone screen it just looks like the regular silvering on the matrix. If that's the case, that is perfectly normal.

Hairs under the film however is a different story. Again something that should be discussed with your installer.

I haven't talked to them at all yet.  I wanted to check with the experts here before I did.

Hi @ Steve87   Are either one of the pics your actual car?  One is a stock photo and the first one looks pretty normal.  As asked before, pics from the inside so we can see if there are any light gaps would be nice.   Also, you mention trash and hairs, which makes this pretty much irrelevant.  Trash and hairs are a redo anyway, so have it redone and ask them to cover the matrix as it should be covered and then get back with us.  Good luck   :beer

No, neither is my car.  Both looked similar to my tint job in terms of where the tint started and stopped on the glass so I thought it'd be easier to just use those.  I went ahead and added pics of my actual car to the OP though.

is there contamination on the top cant really tell on the pic

There might be some in pic 2 and there's definitely some in pic 3, but I just posted those pics to try and show where the tint stopped on the glass.  There's some worse pics of the hair under the tint that I took.  

However, I know the tint needs to be redone because of the hair, but I just wanted to see if while I was there I should request that they cover the entire glass this time and not stop the tint short of the dot matrix.

what did it cost you :popcorn

About $300. 

yes if its a reputable shop im sure they'll fix it just be patient with them and tell them your interested in the no hair application , and maybe buy them lunch or something oh and always say thank you :thumb good luck l keep us posted on the outcome

I am not seeing any light gaps.  It looks like it was cut correctly.  

If there are trash issues, as said before, give them a chance to fix it.  BUT, be polite and patient with them.  Don't get defensive and hopefully they won't either.  

:popcorn  

Archived