Can tint be installed on dot matrix?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the red circle is the lifted film from the dots the film is covwering the dots your pic is showing it  no one is saying its correct to cut the tint short of matrix were telling you the pics you pposted show the film all the way over the matrix, if the installer used a thicker film also can make the whitish more pronounced

The white circle tells me the tint goes past the matrix. The red circle I'm not sure about. It looks like etching or glue. :dunno

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

100 percent agree, the tint is over the dot matrix. If that is your car, the tint is over the dots on YOUR car. Like Big tinting said, the film edge is in the red circle. If it was cut back before the matrix, there would be a huge light gap, and there isn't.

As people stated, based on the photos on the very first post, the film does go OVER the dots.  The lifting you see from the outside is because the Dots are on top of the glass not flush with it.  So the film has to raise to go over them which is creating the gap look from the outside...same with the defroster lines.  No matter who tints your vehicle you will have this...it may look better once it has been done for 30 days and is completely dry.  You can also run your finger along it to help with the uniform look.  No tinter is going to cut it short of the small Dot trim.  Posting photos of other vehicles do not help unless it is a closeup shot.  For example here is one of our photos of a new GT.  From the photo it looks perfect with out the border, but if I did a closeup it would have it.

24610238226_5a2ff96aee_b.jpg

Quick story.....

A few years back I tinted a Ford Fusion. Those of us in this profession know the issues with the dot matrix on those.

She did not like the silvering look around the border of the back glass. So she requested it to be redone with the matrix cut out and so I redid it.

Installed the film with a gap around the entire back glass. Looked pretty stupid from the inside looking out but she liked it.

Believe me when I tell you that if the film had been cut out where the matrixs are you would know without a doubt because looking out from the inside you would notice giant light gaps.

I stand corrected.  You guys were right about it covering the dot matrix.  I still have to go back and have them redo it because of the hair/debris, but at least that's one less thing to worry about.

Thanks for the help guys and for the very quick replies.  Usually on informative forums a question is asked and it seems you're lucky if you get a couple of responses inside of a week. 

Archived