Can tint be installed on dot matrix?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem man glad we could help you out. Hopefully the shop gets you straightened out.

This place got really good reviews so hopefully all goes well.  I'm going in on Friday and I'll post how it goes.

Good deal. Just remember to be cordial. :thumb

I stand corrected.  You guys were right about it covering the dot matrix.  I still have to go back and have them redo it because of the hair/debris, but at least that's one less thing to worry about.

Thanks for the help guys and for the very quick replies.  Usually on informative forums a question is asked and it seems you're lucky if you get a couple of responses inside of a week. 

Some of us have nothing better to do.  :lol2  :spit

I don't like the dot edges ever since they came out with that and the little air gaps between them,,looking from the outside

Then the dots/matrix on the top on some cars was horrible looking air gaps,,,but matrix magic helps that and better shrinking tech

Cheese ball film doesn't stick to dots very well

I have also had a customer ask for me to tint up to the dot matrix. It was on an older Mustang '91 I think. She asked me to paint the gap afterwards. I told her I think it would look awful. I'm no painter, so my paint lines would be all wavey.

But while we're on the subject of dot matrix. Anyone use black vinyl to cover those bigger dot seas along the upper portions of back windows? I do it a lot with Camaros, Hondas, and the older Fusions. The vinyl is malleable enough to tack between the dots, and gives a nice finish.

Archived