Curved Boat Window

Check the layout in this pic. Notice the curve is actually laying in and the finger is on the flat part. Also notice how close th pattern is cut around the other edges. Sometimes I even leave the straight part by the door a little long and just trim after install. This allows me to set the curve and not worry about gaps on the other side.

post-28358-0-51325300-1456496820_thumb.j

Bham I'm wondering what is this paint pen you speak of. I've been looking for something to solve a problem of edges on a window on a bus. What kind of paint pen or would black caulk work?

You can get blackout pens from any tint tool supplier. Or, you can go to a hobby (arts & crafts) store and get a flat black rattle pen. You know, the paint pen with the ball in it that rattles when you shake it. :thumb

Check the layout in this pic. Notice the curve is actually laying in and the finger is on the flat part. Also notice how close th pattern is cut around the other edges. Sometimes I even leave the straight part by the door a little long and just trim after install. This allows me to set the curve and not worry about gaps on the other side.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

sweet.. thanks for the pict... i will work on how i lay the tint down.. thanks!!! :cool

Good learning experience=you will see how much smaller the inside of curved glass is for cutting on outside,,so maybe you won't have to trim the inside next time

Wet shrinking is good to learn,,add more soap slip to the mixture for heat shrinking= won't crease as easy,,don't use that for application tho

Good learning experience=you will see how much smaller the inside of curved glass is for cutting on outside,,so maybe you won't have to trim the inside next time

Wet shrinking is good to learn,,add more soap slip to the mixture for heat shrinking= won't crease as easy,,don't use that for application tho

thanks good tip

Archived