2015 4 runner back glass instructions

RoseCityTinting

nice to see these are a pain for everyone else as well. I was tinting my personal brand new 16' 4 Runner and it was killing me. I only had enough tint to complete the SUV one time with no mistakes so I will be ordering a new roll. I didn't expect that back glass to need shrinked so bad...

Edited by adamgayton81

Ive done many new & older and never noticed the problem with the window rolling down before going up??? I do always use the switch up front by driver. Anyways heres what i do. Roll out film on glass, trim along bottom seal and mark sides with marker. Then pull it off and prep glass for dry shrinking. Place film again and anchor it horizontally like normal. Dry shrink bottom half, stuff rag under bottom edge of film to pull it away from the glass, so you can roll it down for top cut. After doing the top cut wet under top portion and wet shrink it. Then just finish off by trimming sides and trim a hair off the bottom edge. This will reduce the chance of fingering during install.

For install i roll up film for reverse rolling. Then I jump in back with hatch shut, window all the way up. Clean, roll down glass, clean again, and reverse roll film. Then i crawl over thr back seat to the front driver switch and roll up the hatch glass then climb back and tuck bottom to finish.

I can wet shrink olders ones, but newer ones have a lot more curve, which can create fingers during install. Dry shrinking eliminated peanuts and fingering.

Edited by pjtintz

I'm an older Tinter and did my 1st one of these yesterday . Easy easy easy . Don't get the issues. Back panel pulls all off in seconds. All side doors , seals pull out in seconds :

Im doing one of these 2017 and the back glass is freaking hard. im going for attempt number 3. Im super suprised by how much it needs to be shrank. It looked flat so i did what i normal do on side windows with a super curl shrink on the peeler. im using film design and the larger pattern hangs over the edge and its dosnt work for me. Im going with the short pattern and its gonna leave a gap on the sides. I never leave gaps but i guess this one has to be done that way. When closed you wont see the gap but at least its nicely cut. For my third attempt im going to shrink on the glass and remove the panel. crossing my fingers that it'll work. 

film design narrow back glass pattern is the one to use on this car. Hatch panel is super easy to remove one 10mm at the door strap and pop the panel off at the bottom then slide it up to remove after unplug the two lights. I did this car solo with the hatch closed i did it like a normal roll down. only difference was i had to climb in through the rear door