Please Help

Yeah, I see where it is flattened prior to the burn section and also looks something cut into the panel at the very beginning.  Below is a video showing how to tint a door.  The only tools used inside are used on the glass only.  When they are scrapping near the bottom, the tool is actually tucked between the glass and the rubber seal not touching the door panel.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the help guys. Unfortunately it is dark here right now so pics are gonna have to wait until tomorrow but I will take more overview shots. I don't want to accuse the tinter of doing this if he did not, but as a customer it just seemed odd that my trim is kinda flattened and depressed now. If need be I will definitely be contacting the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. 

Worst case scenario I would talk to the dealership via phone before bringing it to them.  See what they say and if they are willing to cover it then you will need to have the window tint removed.  If they see the window tint, they will say it was caused there.  Maybe talk to the tinter about giving you a break to remove and reinstall after the dealership takes care of it.

I hope he did not do that and is being honest about it. But i have seen tinters heat the inside to seal the edges. Especially in the winter, not sure where your from though.

Cleveland Ohio, and I am certain he used the heat gun on the inside as I witnessed him tinting my buddies car before mine and we arrived early to pick his car up. 

Jh is right though. That much damage looks like he would of had to touch the heat gun to the panel lol. Like i said the shop owner could very well be telling the truth. I was just sayin it is definitely possible. Things do happen and if he did do it he needs to make it right thats all.

Archived