Will this go away over time?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest temonunez26

If its not some fancy ceramic or 3M CR those specs can be minimized.

It is ceramic, but just out of curiosity: why couldn't that be minimized if on other tints it could be?

Cuss of how the material is made. But I dont know what (brand) film they used. True shit is in the air, however some of those specs can be rubbed out.

Well the crescent isn't going away just by gently running my finger under it.

The side glass is fine, but there are about 4 dots on the top left corner of the back glass alone due to specs of dirt and/or very, very tiny hairs (last time the guy said they were probably fiber hairs from the fuzzy upholstery right underneath the back glass on the Mustang).

This is the third time this tint shop has applied tint to the back glass.  The guy said due to imperfections in the air pretty much every tint job is going to have at least some specs of dirt and/or tiny hairs under the tint.  He also said the back glass of the Mustang made it more likely to happen than something like a truck.

What's throwing me is this place got extremely good reviews and a LOT of them.

I've already spent about 10 hours total on this and am leaning towards grudgingly accepting it.

What do you guys think?

image_zps2y0wxkhn.jpeg

If there are 4specks on the entire backglass then you've got a pretty good install. If they redo it those specks will just be in a different spot. You've mentioned this was the third time they have done it. Redoing it again most likely won't make a difference.

If there are 4specks on the entire backglass then you've got a pretty good install. If they redo it those specks will just be in a different spot. You've mentioned this was the third time they have done it. Redoing it again most likely won't make a difference.

There's definitely more than 4.  There's 6 in that pic alone.

Think if I took it back they could minimize the number and/or size of them without redoing it?

go away lifes too short steve 87 trust me the tint will be fine . :beach

I'm sure the tint will functionally be fine. Cosmetically, I would be happy with it if I paid $100.  However, paying $300 at a place that has extremely good reviews I was expecting better.

Archived