loyalty/discount program for dealership..thoughts???

I am starting to tint boats at a dealership.. I have 0% off on the first 5 boats then 8% on boats 6-10. then boats 11-15 10% off then 16-20 boats i give 12%.. then 15% for all boats after that.. that is the deepest discount I will give because I still have to maintain profitability.

What do you guys think?

this boat dealership only sells 3 panel and 5 panel boats.. so i have two different excel sheets for the two boats.. all the windows/panels are very close in size and shape and curvature.

and they sell only 2 brands of boats

thats why i feel like i am able to give them a somewhat consistent discount.  i did tell the guy that if a boat does have larger windows i will have to charge more

I am starting to tint boats at a dealership.. I have 0% off on the first 5 boats then 8% on boats 6-10. then boats 11-15 10% off then 16-20 boats i give 12%.. then 15% for all boats after that.. that is the deepest discount I will give because I still have to maintain profitability.

What do you guys think?

Keep the discount system simple for the dealerships. Based on your promotion discounts, you exposed your best price. i suspect the dealership will ask for an outright 15% discount (best price that you offered).

From my experience in korea, car dealerships (not boats), don't pay $$$ punctually.

It is good enough for them if you give a simple discount system and accept Credit Card Payments from them which ensures that these guys don't default you when payments are dues.

I would not even bring up discounts with them, it will bite you in the ars. Focus on quality of your work.

Boat are known to be a pain, not many tinters wanting or willing to do them. With that said, boat dealer that wants them tinted are going to have a tough time finding a tinter.

What part of MI are you? I have a friend in Grand Rapids that's been bugging me to do his boat.

I would not even bring up discounts with them, it will bite you in the ars. Focus on quality of your work.

Boat are known to be a pain, not many tinters wanting or willing to do them. With that said, boat dealer that wants them tinted are going to have a tough time finding a tinter.

What part of MI are you? I have a friend in Grand Rapids that's been bugging me to do his boat.

At most dealerships the loyalty only goes one way. Just beware that sooner or later the slimey salesman will come out

Yeah these ^^^^^^^^^^^

I always liked telling dealerships our discount department can be found on the third floor. No elevator, you'll have to take the stairs.  :popcorn

Our shop was located in a single story building.  :spit

Archived