Help with selecting a tint solution for new Ford Everest with slight f

Tinkers please help....

Ok got a white Ford Everest Trend that I want a good quality tint applied.

The difficulty I am finding is titters do not seem to have light meters to be able to determine the slight factory tint already on the rear windows.

It seems there is a greedy colour in the privacy glass and is looking to be around 70% at a guess...

I want a tint job with:

High IR and UV rejection

Best matched so all windows look to be the same when complete

Around a 20% look when complete

Carbon or ceramic depending on cost

Quality workmanship as I am keeping the car for many years to come.

I am in port stephens NSW and prepared to travel to Newcastle if needed however looking for a good quality result...

Any advice on how to address this so I don't get into a situation of a tint shop doing the best they can and yet I am disappointed with their best guess of matching it all up....?

Thoughts, shops I should call, product advice all welcome....

Kind regards

Hogbert_1999

Hi Hogbert_1999,

20% is darker than what you are legally allowed to apply in NSW.

I would recommend you contact Hunter Valley elite Tinting. Not too far from you at Singleton.

If you can not travel that far I suggest Altapac at Kotara... http://altapac.powersites.com.au/

The Fusion 38% Nano Ceramic is a good match for the rear of your Everest. Hinter Valley Elite carry it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the prompt replies I have found out today (went to a vehicle inspection place) that the existing greeny tint in the manufacturers glass is actually 50-54% according to there meter and the front windows actually measured 75% which was a surprise to me....  If this helps with any further ideas please advise as all information is very welcome :-).

I am aware of the 20% being below however having it on my previous car for 2 years without issue and enjoying the look and feel of it I wanted to try and replicate the look on this white car.

fusion 38 rears, fusion 18 front doors thats the closest you will get with fusion otherwise fusion 33 front doors they will meter around 26-27%

its always difficult to match privacy glass exactly even if its light privacy glass like the everest / ranger

fusion 38 rears, fusion 18 front doors thats the closest you will get with fusion otherwise fusion 33 front doors they will meter around 26-27%

its always difficult to match privacy glass exactly even if its light privacy glass like the everest / ranger

Thanks Mates, I think the 33 on the front might be the go TBH as a darker rear will also darken the front (visibly) I would think so maybe 33 on the front and the 38 on the rear ????

Maybe the 20 on the fronts is pushing it a bit if there ever was an issue where as the darker rears and border line fronts would be a smarter option....

I am keen to get the singleton tint shop to do it seems they have a great name in the industry however the 3hr round trip and sitting waiting in singleton does not inspire me...  Maybe Altapac in Newcastle if they stock this recommended film for the job.?

Singleton has a huge Sun Dial, that should be worth the trip alone.

My opinion on the Everest is Fusion 33% on the 2 front and 70% on the rears, so far that matches the best, Never had a complaint about matching once that combo is used. Be aware that the front 2 windows will always look lighter due to the light flooding in from the windscreen.

Hope this helps

Singleton has a huge Sun Dial, that should be worth the trip alone.

My opinion on the Everest is Fusion 33% on the 2 front and 70% on the rears, so far that matches the best, Never had a complaint about matching once that combo is used. Be aware that the front 2 windows will always look lighter due to the light flooding in from the windscreen.

Hope this helps

Just waiting on the local tint shop to let me know regarding the fusion product he has not used it however was keen to get some to try and see how it goes etc. Might save me a drive and wait in Singleton LOL

Take the drive to Singleton. Elite Window Tinting is absolute top notch and well known in the industry.

Drop the car off and take a Hunter Valley wine tour for the day.