Some people

Had a customer in today that talked to one of my coworkers on friday while I was off. He wanted to get his windows tinted today but my coworker that he talked to was off today. So he tried to pull a fast one on me. I gave him the price range for the tint. He told me that my coworker told him that he would put on our best film for the same price as the cheap film. I looked at him and told him he must be midtaken because our pricing is fixed. He said to me " are you telling me I'm a lier" This is where I really start to enjoy myself. I hate it when people pull this crap on me. I had another customer in the showroom waiting for me to get done with this guy so I could help him. I'm not going to lowball my work and then have to do it for the next guy also. Dumbass! Then he asked if I could call my coworker. :rollin All I could think was that my coworker would tell me that he didn't give that pricing and then this azzhole would want to talk to him and argue with him on the phone. I told him no, then he got a little rude with me so I told him "I think at this time it would be best if I gave you your keys back and you can go find another shop to do bissness with". It's hard to find a way to tell someone to f-off and have it come out nice.

Guest denvertinter
so I told him "I think at this time it would be best if I gave you your keys back and you can go find another shop to do bissness with". It's hard to find a way to tell someone to f-off and have it come out nice.

That sounds pretty good to me. Most of the time it's best to kill them with sarcastic kindness.

I have had people come to our shop and quote other shops prices and throw fits because we say there is no way we would quote that price and ofcourse they argue and when you ask them the persons name they talked to they have no answer because thay are lying.

Guest TINTFXold

true , OT, but its usually only by at best a $.10 margin. in our field, as you know, it can be a catastrophic amount..... :spit

I think you handled the situation very well ,VW. The way I see it, usually the people that own and/ or have been dealing with the public for a while are the ones that have NO PROBLEM telling a customer to do their business elsewhere. I dont like losing a job anyless than anyone else, but, if I am going to lose money its not going to be on someone else's AND I will at least have some fun doing it by makeing them mad by making them look stupid or something :spit:lol6 like when they throw a tantrum, thats sooooooo funny.

I used to get that all the time...and I was the only guy giving prices..IE only ending in 5 (195 225 etc)! I only gave a few specific prices and I would get guys who would say "you said $190". Such a crock. The best was still "my friend will do it for less". I would say "I guess he is not such a great friend if you are asking me...I hope your buddy won't be pissed that you are shopping around :ahole

if I price a job for 145.00 and he customer tells me that I said 140.00 I just say "oh my bad, im sorry" the way I look at it if they can live with lieing I can live without the 5 bucks. because the only sins I have to pay for on judgement day are my own.

Archived