Rear windshield tinted darker than the rest of the windows?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to vary car to car and roll to roll. Once it's installed it will be darker than said percentage in most cases.

Yeah, based on pictures alone I've seen some that look super light, and some that look dark.  Im gonna be putting it next to my 5% rear tints, and I have black interior, so lets hope it flows nicely.

I'm getting it done today and will post pics tonight

It's going to vary car to car and roll to roll. Once it's installed it will be darker than said percentage in most cases.

Yeah, based on pictures alone I've seen some that look super light, and some that look dark.  Im gonna be putting it next to my 5% rear tints, and I have black interior, so lets hope it flows nicely.

I'm getting it done today and will post pics tonight

I'm referring to the 28 BTW.  I've decided to go that route instead of 15

Is there a difference between Solar Gard Supreme series and Solar Gard NR&HP Supreme?

The reason I ask is because Solar Gard's website only has NR(non-reflective) and HP(high-performance) Supreme, but the tint shop near me has just Solar Gard Supreme (apparently its not NR or HP).  If it is a different line of film than the NR, is it still non-reflective?

Thanks

Here are the specs for both

NR:

http://www.solargard.com/docs/default-source/marketing-toolkit/supreme-brochure-0168su.pdf?sfvrsn=5

Supreme:

http://www.solargard.com/docs/marketing-toolkit/supreme-sample-book-0302su-int.pdf?sfvrsn=6

The specs look identical, so maybe they just rebranded as NR?

I just got Supreme 28 on my front 2 windows, and I have 5% (dont know what brand) on all the rears.  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but for some reason something seems off about the new tints.  I'm aware theyll look different because theyre lighter tints, and theyre still not dry, but I'm thinking maybe the actual color and reflectiveness couldve been matched better.

The dude at the shop recommended these, but now I'm wondering if theyre more reflective than the rear tints

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but for some reason something seems off about the new tints. I'm aware theyll look different because theyre lighter tints, and theyre still not dry, but I'm thinking maybe the actual color and reflectiveness couldve been matched better.

The dude at the shop recommended these, but now I'm wondering if theyre more reflective than the rear tints

This is why I suggested having ALL the doors redone. If you had, this wouldn't be an issue. :thumb

Archived