Exterior Window Film

I just installed an exterior tear off film on a Porsche Turbo for one of my customer. He is planning to take it on the track and after doing his research.....he came across a brand call Racing Optics.  He bought the film from one of their dealer and bought it to me to install. Took me a hour to shrink this 8mil film.....Came out very nice....planning to put it on my cars.

My question to you guys is.....Do anyone of you installed exterior film to protect the windshield....and if so what brand do you recommend.

I am a 3M and Huper Optik Autobahn dealer in Houston...After installing this product, I am thinking about adding this to my business. I think a good exterior film would market well to my customer. 

Racing optics is one of the brands.

I don't understand the need for 8-mil in this situation unless it is a stack construction. 4-mil was the norm in Nascar until layering came along. Pro-Tint of Kannapolis North Carolina became big in this (not sure of their participation today).

As to use on personal (public) vehicles, it has a long-standing existence and reputation of going nowhere in terms of sales. Good Luck.

I read about Clearplex which is from Madico.....It is a durable clear film for the general public use.  The Racing Optics is more for track car and we have a badd ass race track call MSR in Houston.  

I don't know too much or know of anyone installing exterior film.....if any member are currently selling exterior film on car...I would like suggestion on which durable brand to carry.

Racing optics is one of the brands.

I don't understand the need for 8-mil in this situation unless it is a stack construction. 4-mil was the norm in Nascar until layering came along. Pro-Tint of Kannapolis North Carolina became big in this (not sure of their participation today).

As to use on personal (public) vehicles, it has a long-standing existence and reputation of going nowhere in terms of sales. Good Luck.

That gentlemen told me he used alot of soap so it wouldn't bond

Archived