Hexis Bodyfence paint protection film

Hi All,

After having cars peppered with rocks over the years, I am looking to have Paint Protection Film installed on my new car!

The only installer in the area uses Hexis Bodyfence with it being a 2hour drive to someone that uses anything else. Problem is, I cant find much reviews or info on Hexise Bodyfence so thought id ask the experts.

Cant seem to find anything on it here to, which leads me to believe its not the greatest product around:

- Anyone used it and can comment on the quality?

- What is its stance in the Paint Protection Marketplace?

- If it isn't great quality, why would they be installing it instead of offering something better?

And depending on the above should I be making the drive to get something better?

Thanks for your assistance

I've never seen the film in person, so I can't comment on the product.

However, if you have a preferred brand, just let the installer know. Most film companies will happily sell to a legitimate installation business.

Hello Rocker,

Like Jeff I have never seen the product. I have heard installers reviews. If you post area you are in I am sure someone here could point you in the right direction. I know some installers in different areas as well. Good luck on your search and paint protection is a great investment.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Hi All,

After having cars peppered with rocks over the years, I am looking to have Paint Protection Film installed on my new car!

The only installer in the area uses Hexis Bodyfence with it being a 2hour drive to someone that uses anything else. Problem is, I cant find much reviews or info on Hexise Bodyfence so thought id ask the experts.

Cant seem to find anything on it here to, which leads me to believe its not the greatest product around:

- Anyone used it and can comment on the quality?

- What is its stance in the Paint Protection Marketplace?

- If it isn't great quality, why would they be installing it instead of offering something better?

And depending on the above should I be making the drive to get something better?

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks for the replies. I mainly read about XPEL and Suntek on here. To me if there isn't many people using a product or many reviews on it then it cant be up there with others that are. Even google searches on Paint Protection Film turns up heaps of forums with people with high end cars using either Suntek or XPEL.

I am actually getting to see a couple of cars this weekend during a meet with both the Hexis BodyFence and XPEL. Well only one car has the Bodyfence and a couple have the XPEL so I will get to see first hand the look and decide then.

If im not a fan of the Bodyfence then I would prefer to travel to a place to get another product rather than get that place to do it. To me if they are already using a product that isn't top of the line then that says a lot. Sure they may get better profits if its not as expensive but not a fan of skimping on quality to make a buck!.

Hope to make a decision this weekend and get some protection on :thumb

Thanks for the replies. I mainly read about XPEL and Suntek on here. To me if there isn't many people using a product or many reviews on it then it cant be up there with others that are. Even google searches on Paint Protection Film turns up heaps of forums with people with high end cars using either Suntek or XPEL.

I am actually getting to see a couple of cars this weekend during a meet with both the Hexis BodyFence and XPEL. Well only one car has the Bodyfence and a couple have the XPEL so I will get to see first hand the look and decide then.

If im not a fan of the Bodyfence then I would prefer to travel to a place to get another product rather than get that place to do it. To me if they are already using a product that isn't top of the line then that says a lot. Sure they may get better profits if its not as expensive but not a fan of skimping on quality to make a buck!.

Hope to make a decision this weekend and get some protection on :thumb

I'm glad you'll get the chance to see product first hand, to know what to expect in a film.  However, keep in mind that most films look very similar after being applied.  What differentiates a product is how it looks years down the road.  Make sure to get examples of the durability of each product you see, so that you can get the total picture.

I managed to get a chance to look at them yesterday. I personally wasn't a fan of the clarity of the Bodyfence when looking at it and XPEL. The owner with the Bodyfence ended up not being happy with it after seeing the other also lol. Another club member said they have Suntek on their other drive and said they are happy with it so I would be interested to see it but am happy enough with what is saw with XPEL to chase it now.

I don't believe it had anything to do with install as both looked to be cleanly installed (couldn't see lines, bubbles etc).

Thanks for everyones help.

I was a long time fan of Xpel until I started playing with Hexis.  I now carry the Bodyfence as my primary ppf and Xpel as secondary option for my customers.  I switched from Xpel to Bodyfence in the fall of 2015 (soon after the Bodyfence was realeased in the U.S.)  

Hexis is actually optically clearer and the top coat is very glossy which is awesome.  ONLY downside is that the Hexis warranty is less than Xpel's (7 years versus 10 years).

Here are the major differences between the two:

XPEL

-  occasional lift lines and stretchmarks (xpel installers will know what I mean)

-  not flexible and stretchable as I would like (just my opinion)

HEXIS BODYFENCE

- no lift-lines or stretchmarks

- very flexible and stretchable

- adhesive is a bit more tacky

Both are self-healing which is a must in this industry.  So kudos to both 

For me, Hexis is more cost effective and gives me little to no issues.

I would highly suggest testing it out yourself instead of taking someone's word for it.  For all you know, it really could be an install error.

I'm in a similar situation. I was going to find a local installer to install Xpel Ultimate for me but found one who recommended Hexis to me. He swears by Hexis being a better product. There is little to none information or review online about Hexis.

I just wanted to check in here and see if there's any updated user feedback or installer experience between the two products. Can somebody shine some light on this?

I know hexis closed the location by me in CA. From what I've heard, hexis is now only available directly from over seas. But I don't know for sure. Had a friendfriend who was tight with the crew at the So Ca location, but he hasn't said much since it closed.

Archived