Marine Window Tinting

Sealant is Overkill,,over 25yrs of doing boats,,i use good car film or commercial metalized on small to great lakes charter(salmon fishing)cabin cruisers to some pricey big new ones

Radar or sonar,antennas things are on the roof

Just my op

The best option would be just to skip a metalized film...just do QDP or QDP Ceramic.  That solves all potential issues and is much less work versus adding a sealant.

However it is salt from the ocean that corrodes the metal in the film so if you are only on a lake then you should not have an issue.  I would just make sure the customer is aware of not taking it to the ocean if metalized film is applied.  This is the same that has to be done on flat glass when a metalized film is used if the place is within 10 miles of the ocean.

There are specific sealants used, but I can't remember them.  It is not sold at Home Depot, etc.

Sealant is Overkill,,over 25yrs of doing boats,,i use good car film or commercial metalized on small to great lakes charter(salmon fishing)cabin cruisers to some pricey big new ones

Radar or sonar,antennas things are on the roof

Just my op

good to hear... I was hoping someone had years of experience with this marine subject. 

The best option would be just to skip a metalized film...just do QDP or QDP Ceramic.  That solves all potential issues and is much less work versus adding a sealant.

However it is salt from the ocean that corrodes the metal in the film so if you are only on a lake then you should not have an issue.  I would just make sure the customer is aware of not taking it to the ocean if metalized film is applied.  This is the same that has to be done on flat glass when a metalized film is used if the place is within 10 miles of the ocean.

There are specific sealants used, but I can't remember them.  It is not sold at Home Depot, etc.

i will let them know. Do you know where i can get that sealant?  Is the same sealant you use when applying exterior flat glass film?  Just starting to get into the flat glass business as well.. i will do some research instead of getting this thread off topic..

Thanks for all the input..

SHOUT OUT to global/solar fx guys Missouri.  Best company I have found.  great customer service and they call spontaneously just to see if i need anything!

Archived