Bubble or something else? Week old Llumar CTX......

I didn't notice any immediate bubbles after installation last week. Today I noticed this straight defect in the lower rear window:

rear_defect_1.jpg

I've seen small bubbles disappear after a few weeks in the sun, but his concerns me. Is this an air bubble? 

Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @ brakefade. Just a guess,,, was this a strip and retint?? That looks like a line of glue. Either that or a crease repair. :dunno

It was installed on a new bare window that has never been tinted.  I'm now worried about them having to strip and retint it and the problems that may cause. This shop tinted 2 of my vehicles in the past and did a wonderful job. 

Hi @ brakefade. Just a guess,,, was this a strip and retint?? That looks like a line of glue. Either that or a crease repair. :dunno

It was installed on a new bare window that has never been tinted.  I'm now worried about them having to strip and retint it and the problems that may cause. This shop tinted 2 of my vehicles in the past and did a wonderful job. 

Newer the tint is, the easier it is to remove.  So I would give them a call and ask to bring it by to check out.  Shouldn't have an issue removing it and reinstalling.

Newer the tint is, the easier it is to remove.  So I would give them a call and ask to bring it by to check out.  Shouldn't have an issue removing it and reinstalling.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be visiting them in the morning......

Archived