Bubble or something else? Week old Llumar CTX......

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. :cool

Please be polite and patient. Remember it will still have to cure after they redo it.

Check it when they do,,, look for major spots and let the rest cure. If you are cool with them,,hopefully they will be cool with you.

Good luck. :thumb

Here's the update after going in for a redo this morning......

They said it's not in the field of view, nothing on my car is perfect, but if it's that big of an issue they will pull all my film and refund my money. I was told because of the way the rear window goes several inches below the rear deck that it's almost impossible to get it "perfect" at that spot. I also pointed at the driver door and how it looks like the film was damaged when it was installed near the front corner behind the side mirror.  At least I hope it's the film and not an actual scratch in the window. I can feel the scratch through/on the film, so would that indicate it's not on the window (sounds like a stupid question)?

Now, I was definitely caught off guard by their reaction because I almost feel like I'm being made out to be unreasonable.  There are a couple of dust particle bubbles on every window, but I know that it's not preventable (even though my last vehicle didn't have a bubble or spot on it). Those didn't bother me (maybe a tad but I never mentioned them), the damaged film on the driver door and rear defect bothered me. But I don't think I'm being unreasonable, am I? 

In any case, they were very professional and I will be getting it stripped and refunded next week.......

Wow. :eye Just W.O.W.!!!

First off, I don't know what kind of car it was but there aren't many out there that you can't get a clean install on th backglass.

I can't believe they were so full of excuses, and are going to actually take the time to strip the car, and not retint it and try to have a satisfied customer. :facepalm I don't get it :hmmm

2015 Charger. 

This shop did my last 2 vehicles and did an excellent job. I'm not upset at all, just a little surprised at how quickly it went into a direction I wasn't expecting. Oh well, I'm just chalking it up as $hit happens. They seem to be very busy, so I guess they don't need to waste time with me. It's probably more cost effective for them to strip it and send me packing than to risk not getting it to my satisfaction. Now, I'm hoping the tint removal process is painless (I'm paranoid about the rear defroster) so I can put this behind me and go on my merry way.

@ brakefade. If you are having it done legal. PLEASE. Look up Lone Star Window Tinting and go see F1. He is a member on here and --I KNOW-- he will take excellent care of you. :thumb

post-28358-0-17836700-1456940629_thumb.j

Wow. :eye Just W.O.W.!!!

First off, I don't know what kind of car it was but there aren't many out there that you can't get a clean install on th backglass.

I can't believe they were so full of excuses, and are going to actually take the time to strip the car, and not retint it and try to have a satisfied customer. :facepalm I don't get it :hmmm

I agree 100%! That's definitely a redo on the rear as it looks to be in my opinion a crease. For you to be a returning customer and them not wanting to make you happy due to their error is just plain unprofessional. Have them strip the entire car and get a refund, I wouldn't give them anymore business if I were you. Find a better shop and have them do it, make sure they remove all glue too, as the next shop may charge you extra for glue removal. Good luck

@ brakefade. If you are having it done legal. PLEASE. Look up Lone Star Window Tinting and go see F1. He is a member on here and --I KNOW-- he will take excellent care of you. :thumb

Bham,

Thanks for the recommendation. I spoke with a local shop this morning and made an appointment already. They said the same thing you said about never dealing with a vehicle in which the rear glass couldn't get a clean installation including my current model year vehicle. That's a good sign, I think.  :cool

No creases in this one. My personal opinion it is one of the harder rear windows to do. That doesn't mean it's not impossible. As far as scratching the glass I would bet more on something wrong with the tint. Sorry you're getting the run around on it.

post-29693-0-20487300-1456940927_thumb.j

Archived