Free XPEL training.... If you are a new car dealership

Long time lurker here, never posted before.  

Just wanted to give a heads up to all installers about what is on Xpel's website as of today.

This is under the New Car Dealership section.

• We provide on-site installation training for your service team at no cost.

The link:

http://www.xpel.com/car-dealership-ppf/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting.

Providing free training to dealerships cuts out the need for independent installers.

And for independent installers to get free training they need to have certain volume commitments?  The point of getting training is for beginners to try and start getting some work.

No need for response, I am just putting my thoughts out there.

Also, I see you already deleted that line from the page.  I have a screenshot for others to believe what I am saying is true.

ZUI7QfH.png

MMM tried that with a Lexus dealer over here, they were told that it would take two to three weeks to train a technician up to install the film  and left them with the impression that he could flit between servicing and film installation. The area they were to install the film was between two roller shutters that were opening and closing as the cars went in and out :facepalm2

Needless to say it fell flat on its ass after the dealer spent the better part of 3k on pre cut kits for stock. The annoying thing is the dealer principal was really interested in offering it to his customers and would probably have turned into a nice contract if the greed of the film company hadn't got in the way. There is a reason the dealerships sub work out like smart repairs and ppf.

Seems to me that the film manufacturers should be concentrating more on helping the existing installers rather than trying to pull the rug out from under the very people that have worked their asses off to get them where they are now.

Steve

Seems to me that the film manufacturers should be concentrating more on helping the existing installers rather than trying to pull the rug out from under the very people that have worked their asses off to get them where they are now.

Steve

^^ Couldn't have said it better myself!  That's been our philosophy for years and has paid off for XPEL and our installers in droves.

A great installer can make any film look good, but the best film in the world can't make a bad installer look any better than what he/she is!

Come on now Jeff. You know that's horse shit. You took one of my Porsche dealers in house and are in the process of trying to take the other one also. You open a store right next to speed and target his main dealer. If that's not writing on the wall I don't know what is. I was sitting right next to David when you texted him "$10,000 order from Northtown!". I figured that our real quick. 

Xpel is offering free plotters and software to dealers that sign up for inhouse programs. And this isn't for volume dealers either. This one only did 30 with me for the entire year. AND, you're training them for full fronts. So there goes your defense of using local installers for more difficult installs.

If all the individual installers don't band together and stand up for ourselves we're going to be picked apart one by one. 

We sometimes can agree that XPEL has decent pattern designs...but never trust your plot data with a potential competitor...they have your ????.

If you download patterns each month you have become a good customer...and you have potentially become a target for them show up in your town converting your business direct.

Prepare and be champions ???? of your brand!

Wow, here I thought this only happened here in Toronto Ontario. A number of distributors out here are doing the same crap. Cutting out the middle guy (installers)to take everything in house. And then some of these dealership installers leave after a year and open a shop or go mobile.

Honestly I paid money to be trained and to earn a solid living. However most of the distribution hubs are only concerned with dealership sales and not helping with tech or customer service. Let alone advanced continued training.

Pure BS. MY 2CENTS!

The only surprise is that anyone is surprised

Ryan Pape did an Interview ages ago spelling this out, I seem to recall a copy was up here for a short period.

Anyone who has been paying attention understood the Implications.

As installers you have to ether accept it or do something differently.

Complaining about it won't achieve a thing as many have already found out.

Having and building your brand and protecting where you do business is your only true security, control your own destiny and depend on no one to drive your business model.

Archived