Have you seen this before.

The glass settled in the frame?   :chin

Appears the glass has not settled or even moved at all vertically , also the adhesive and the clear pet has not as well but the rest of the film has.

Did you use a blade to confirm there is pet still at the top?

Comments here at the shop think someone may have over slipped and it slid down the glass.

Yes I did seeing that we are R&R 700 windows, here is another pic of a different window.

003_8.jpg

004_9.jpg

This one did not push the bottom gasket down.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the layer that is sliding is a much thicker mill than the layer that is still there. Security/Impact film maybe?

Adhesive failure between layers. :dunno

I'm guessing the layer that is sliding is a much thicker mill than the layer that is still there. Security/Impact film maybe?

Adhesive failure between layers. :dunno

P-18 ARL

Looks like the laminate is drifting... you can see the remaining clear PET layer. PS laminate + heat and weight of metal/hardcoat layer... who'd of thought? :dunno

Yes and the PS laminate as well.

The thing that amazes me is that the other part of the film that has moved down would have enough force to push a gasket down.

The glass is DP dark smoke on the outer pane, so heat would have defiantly played a part.

Nice to see you back on the forum and posting Rob, I always enjoy reading your replies ...............  :beer

Looks like the laminate is drifting... you can see the remaining clear PET layer. PS laminate + heat and weight of metal/hardcoat layer... who'd of thought? :dunno

Yes and the PS laminate as well.

The thing that amazes me is that the other part of the film that has moved down would have enough force to push a gasket down.

The glass is DP dark smoke on the outer pane, so heat would have defiantly played a part.

Nice to see you back on the forum and posting Rob, I always enjoy reading your replies ...............  :beer

It kind of reminds me of 100 yr old glass... you see that same effect.

:thumb Thanks Mike! Yeah it's been exceptionally busy with the new job. I miss talking shop with everyone here... Always love seeing your classic pics. :beer

Archived