Stanley Smart Measure Tool

I have a Note 3 in an Otterbox which maxes out  the clamp on the device. Enter a large elastic band to Macguyver it into pretending to be clamped properly.

So far have discovered that each time you physically attach the device to your phone and via blue tooth you need to calibrate the laser to the phones location in its proximity to the subject area.

For the interior measurements I've done its done well.

Just have to try a few exterior site visits to see if it is something I can trust.

The Stanley version lacks full features plus they want you to spend $140.00+ per year on subscription services. We sell the full features Spike by Ike. Here is the value proposition for the window film industry:

• Spike has no monthly or yearly subscription: Although there are units that offer a lower price for hardware, many require an online subscription for the use of their software. Example: A typical monthly subscription of $11.99 is an additional $143.88 per year. Annual subscriptions can run as much as $119.99.
  • Device Support: Competitive products support a limited number of smartphones and do not support tablets. Spike supports a larger number of iOS and Android smartphones, phablets, and tablets, including the iPad Mini, which is the No. 1 Spike device in the window industry.
  • Software Enhancements: Competitive products do not include any of the new window industry-specific features that are available with Ike, including point-to-point measurement and additional features that will be available with Spike later this year. Spike will continue to introduce new advanced functionality at no additional cost to current Spike customers.

I use the full-featured Spike version and it is much better on an iPad versus a phone. Plus the point to point measurement is a huge plus for determining scaffold and lift heights. 

So many other benefits:

• Window verification for work orders. A lot of installers and subs never see the job because they were not the ones who sold it. This prevents misunderstanding between the customer and the installer...
  • You can complete twice as many estimates in one day as when using a tape measure
  • Say you sell 50% of a house... how many times have you have to go back out and look at it again for add-on sales? You can now measure the entire house in a fraction of the time and keep on file the other 50% with photos. Re-market the customer in the off-season with a sale... 
  • Warranty claims... You have a photo with measurements. Need I say more...

Denco Sales is an authorized distributor of Spike. If you want more information shoot me an email. Robo(insert @)dencosales.com

From what I see on Stanley's site - the monthly sub is optional, and doesn't prevent the device from working properly if someone chooses to not sign up.

The Spike device is $500...

Of course, price is not an issue if one works and the other doesn't... or one works better when it comes to measuring windows.

From what I see on Stanley's site - the monthly sub is optional, and doesn't prevent the device from working properly if someone chooses to not sign up.

The Spike device is $500...

Of course, price is not an issue if one works and the other doesn't... or one works better when it comes to measuring windows.

Basically they are made by the same MFG but the Stanley is for DIY and the Spike is designed for professional use. The former has limits on the software, no free cloud storage and the latter right now is being upgraded for use with window film.Try it on an iPad vs a phone and you will never go back to the Stanley version. 

I'm not knocking the quality or ability... or lack thereof.. of either device.  :thumb 

If I were to buy one, I would def. go for the Spike...

I just really, really want to hear from a fellow FG tinter how well it works. Unless I can return it no questions asked and get a full refund.

Biggest issue, for me atm, is the lack of support for many android tablets. Mine is old as dirt, so I don't expect support... but none of the ones I'm looking to get to replace it are on their list. Not that it won't work... 

And no, I won't change to Apple. My who setup is based on google's architecture... I have no desire to switch everything over to something else. :lol

Archived