If you could start a tint business anywhere in the US...?

If you guys could move and start a tint business anywhere in the US where would it be? Where do you guys think the ideal place for film would be taking all things into consideration.. economy, climate, tint laws, energy incentives, etc. This would cover all aspects of film.. auto, residential, commercial including solar control, safety, deco, etc.

I'm happy right where I'm at. No 99 dollar shops. Law is 35% and they enforce it pretty well so talking people out of illegal tint is pretty easy. Most people would think hotter climate equals better year round work. That also means the market is more likely to be flooded. Tint shops are everywhere in the U.S. so if you're planning on moving pick a few places that appeal to you and use the tint economy there to narrow it down. :twocents

Florida for the laws, but that is about the only reason.   :lol   I would say somewhere with a military base.  Last tinter was from an area that was mainly military and they stayed busy year round since so many people are coming and going.  As far as actual location, I am good with ATL.

I have owned a shop in FLA and MA..... 2 totally different markets. If your chops are really good, you can open a auto tint shop anywhere and do just fine. If you are really ..really good.. You could think about areas with high income earners that have disposable income. Think of places where it's the norm to see Porsche, Ferrari, Rolls etc on the streets. With commercial/ deco, it's different. You need to be in a business hub.There are plenty of cities in the country to pick from.

Sharing my future fortune but what the neck. I can't relocate there for 2 more years. Here it goes, the $$$ location is Carson City, NV. This little, capital of Nevada, little trivia most don't know, has 2 tinting shops. One is a 2-3 man operation, other is a multiple auto accessories installation shop. Not specializing in tinting, just one of many services they offer. New business and doesn't seem to advertise much about tinting. Plenty of $$$ in the area. Lake Tahoe 20 miles away, Douglas county 10 miles which is the richest county in Nevada. Now how could a person lose there. Not!!! A Chance. And smaller towns in every direction to set up a homestead, away from all the hustle and bustle but still only minutes from work. If anybody beats me there, lots of luck, and leave some glass for me. See ya in a couple or sooner.

Archived