03-06 Silverado Windshield

h_womble46

On these model truck I always get it to the top corner and crease it up most of the time. Not always, but it usually doesn't end up well. My problem is only on this body style truck and in the top corners of the windshield. I think it is because these top corners have more of a curve to them. Any advice or tricks to master these windshields?

Yes the top corners of these can be PITA sometimes. On these, I leave the top long(about 3-4" above the top of the glass). This way I can lift and pull to finish the corners you are referring to. Also shrinking on low air speed/same temp helps sometimes.

Also cut a " U " around the shark fin so the film doesn't touch it but is still long.

Keep practicing. It will come to you and they will no longer be a problem. :thumb

Yes the top corners of these can be PITA sometimes. On these, I leave the top long(about 3-4" above the top of the glass). This way I can lift and pull to finish the corners you are referring to. Also shrinking on low air speed/same temp helps sometimes.

Also cut a " U " around the shark fin so the film doesn't touch it but is still long.

Keep practicing. It will come to you and they will no longer be a problem. :thumb

As always, much appreciated Bham  :D

I know it's not the exact same vehicle you are asking about,,,,, but this is the same set up for the 03up Silverado's. Note the cut out for the shark fin. :thumb

post-28358-0-15320200-1458050240_thumb.j

I haven't started any shrinking. The center is just planted with a hard card. :cool

I shrink both top corners first,,starting with regular speed high heat, then switching to low speed high heat at the end of the shrink for each corner. Then finish the top middle and the entire bottom as normal. :thumb

post-28358-0-14249500-1458051142_thumb.j

Of course it helps to have a great film that shrinks really well. SolarFX CarbonFX for the win. :win

So the vertical ancor was placed where on the glass.    Also how is your overall quality on front glass for being so large. I kept having some debris because of having a hard time squeege from start to finish on one side to the other by my self

Archived