2016 XE sedan

mates

Hey guys,

i have a 2016 XE sedan booked in tomorrow, normally i pop or pull panels. Is there anything i need to be careful with?

also will a hybrid metalised film be alright on rear window for antenna? my films are normally good for am and fm radio on other cars.

anyone got links to pics of vids of door trim removal ?

i will take photos as i go of anything i need to pull apart and i will update this thread but id love to see what im up against before i go poking around expensive trims

Post Update-

I popped the tops of trims back and masked up the felt for the doors, back window does not give a whole lot of space inside the car as window is on a big slope so i suggest using more slip!

post-18569-0-08423400-1457691304_thumb.j
Use a bone tool to pry plastic trim around door handle off, be careful around bottom middle clip it is tight just needs some wriggling as you pry

post-18569-0-42027700-1457691307_thumb.j

post-18569-0-92034400-1457691310_thumb.j
Undo torx head screw (forget what size)

post-18569-0-41408200-1457691313_thumb.j
pry back side of trim on back door and front of trim on front door to start popping the top

post-18569-0-74660100-1457691314_thumb.j
this doesn't need a lot of force thankfully but the back edge of the front door trims  be careful as they have something holding them in more than just a clip, don't force it you can get the seal out with it popped back 3/4 of an inch

post-18569-0-01899400-1457691316_thumb.j

post-18569-0-81534400-1457691317_thumb.j
finished car Johnson Marathon 35%

remember to use a lot of slip with back window and clean the glass real well you don't want to do it twice.

Edited by mates

Post updated with info, as far as im aware this is the first topic online showing anything related to removing the trims, i couldn't find anything when i searched

CHARGE Accordingly, this car took me some time, next time will be quicker but be prepared to spend longer than your average sedan and remember Jag customers expect top notch work

Hey guys,

i have a 2016 XE sedan booked in tomorrow, normally i pop or pull panels. Is there anything i need to be careful with?

also will a hybrid metalised film be alright on rear window for antenna? my films are normally good for am and fm radio on other cars.

anyone got links to pics of vids of door trim removal ?

i will take photos as i go of anything i need to pull apart and i will update this thread but id love to see what im up against before i go poking around expensive trims

Post Update-

I popped the tops of trims back and masked up the felt for the doors, back window does not give a whole lot of space inside the car as window is on a big slope so i suggest using more slip!

attachicon.gifjag xe1.jpg

Use a bone tool to pry plastic trim around door handle off, be careful around bottom middle clip it is tight just needs some wriggling as you pry

attachicon.gifjag xe2.jpg

attachicon.gifjag xe3.jpg

Undo torx head screw (forget what size)

attachicon.gifjag xe4.jpg

pry back side of trim on back door and front of trim on front door to start popping the top

attachicon.gifjag xe5.jpg

this doesn't need a lot of force thankfully but the back edge of the front door trims  be careful as they have something holding them in more than just a clip, don't force it you can get the seal out with it popped back 3/4 of an inch

attachicon.gifjag xe6.jpg

attachicon.gifjag xe8.jpg

finished car Johnson Marathon 35%

remember to use a lot of slip with back window and clean the glass real well you don't want to do it twice.

---------------------

No Disrespect but why you remove all that for? and waste all your time..and Profit,

just had a New Xe R sport in, Pop the tops back and out come the rubbers, there is 4 metal springy clips that hold rubbers in,  2 min job, Same as e46 / e90s

loads of room to remove rubber without taking door card off, just pull back tops, and remove, simple as that, and just as easy to Refit, aint NO AUDI :lol

Car start to finish all rears 1hr tops, Didn`t do front, No Drama car,

Edited by pulsar2000

1ac098a95d0754b8a945ba38cfaa5a9c.jpg

575b4acbd7b4c2251e3edaac4f559a45.jpg

On the front driver and passenger door remove this small trim piece to show a torx screw.

a68c6c86e5f8a9297aeae0ad265c9e29.jpg

Door grip has one small 7mm bolt in it. Remove bolt and lift piece out. It takes some wiggle but will come out.

4431566bb7642d983347347b87756f97.jpg

This will expose 2 bolts holding the door panel. Remove 2 9mm bolts and door panel will pop off. Nothing but plastic clips holding it in at this point.