Quick question..... cleaning tinted windows

Guest A20A3

Guest A20A3

Ok this is probably a dumb question, but I really don't know and I don't want to mess anything up. Anyways, I had all the windows on my Honda Accord tinted about a year ago (last march), and I remember them telling me not to use Windex and that kinda stuff to clean them cuz it would mess them up. I don't however, remember just what they had mentioned to use to clean them with. I haven't cleaned them since they were tinted and they're really starting to look kinda dirty. So my question is, what can I use to safely clean the inside of my windows so I don't screw up the tint? The tint itself is still in perfect shape so I'd like to keep it nice for awile.

Thanks! :hmmm

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Me_shelli

Turtle wax makes a window cleaner that right on the front says that it is safe for window tint. It is alcohol based. I get it from a autoparts store. I also tell people that they can use Simple Green. So what ever you use make sure that it does not contain ammonia.

Hope this helps

Turtle wax makes a window cleaner that right on the front says that it is safe for window tint.  It is alcohol based.  I get it from a autoparts store.  I also tell people that they can use Simple Green.  So what ever you use make sure that it does not contain ammonia. 

Hope this helps :lol

Really I'd rather they use windex than some of that alcohol based stuff. The Only premature adhesive failure (2 years) I've really ever seen, came from someone who used some special tint-safe product from Armor-All. :hmmm She cleaned her windows every week with this stuff, and like I said, I've NEVER seen the film I use go bad in that amount of time, and I can count on my hand the adhesive failures in the last 15 years or so. I always customers windex is fine. I'm not sure the other stuff was the problem, but draw your own conclusions. :lol

Guest TINTFXold
So go ahead, use windex, just don't clean your windows obsessively and you'll be fine....at least with what I use.  :lol

I think you can rule the thought of obsessive cleaning out since its been a yr ago that they were cleaned :hmmm that just aint right :hmmm:lol

Archived