16 Honda Civic window noise

Tiger Tint

Tinted a 2016 Honda Civic 4 door sedan today. They dropped the front quarter window and made the rear 10X easier to tint. I noticed on the front driver side window it would make a terrible noise right before the window got rolled all the way up. I'm posting a video of this so make sure you have the volume turned up and you will see what I'm talking about. I've never had this happen on any other car and I'm wondering since its only a month old then it is probably a factory defect. Has anybody had this before or have any suggestions what to tell the customer to do? It says the file is too big to upload... Any ideas how I can get it uploaded? It's only 11 seconds long.

could be a warranty issue. Nothing worse than tinting a window and having something happen that's warranty. Happened to me on a Porsche Macan, the factory installed a clip backwards. It made the window pop out and ride on the outside of the trim. Also a bad window regulator on a brand new VW Rabbit. All covered under warranty.

IF you can't see marks on the glass, or can't pull anything to try and figure it out.........

Tip..... Roll window down completely. Make sure inside if channel is very dry. Take a q-tip covered in white lithium grease and shove deep into channel and wipe up and down inside channel to apply grease deep into channel (not letting it get to messy).

Run window up and down a few time to see if noise is still there. :thumb

Archived