Vinyl on Dot Matrix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SQUEEGEE
I tried vinyl on dot matrix for the first time the other day.  Is there any way to keep the transition line from the vinyl to the film from showing up.  I still had a few areas where the vinyl was lifting too.  Maybe I did something wrong.

Hiding the line. Try using the next closest defroster line.

Vinyl lifting? Don't use soap and water unless it's pretty hot (above) 80 degrees or you'll have issues with lifting. Use water or a mixture of alcohol and water.

Guest thetintshop

what type of vinyl are you using?> this might be your problem.

as far as the overlap, I cut the tint on the first defroster, or bottom of the matrix, then overlap the vinyl about 1/8-1/4 inch. doesn't show at all. :hmmm

Guest thetintshop

also, you're applying vinyl, NOT FILM. make sure you wipe the entire area well with alcohol. apply it with a 70/30 mixture of water and alcohol.

as far as the overlap, I cut the tint on the first defroster, or bottom of the matrix, then overlap the vinyl about 1/8-1/4 inch. doesn't show at all. :hmmm

me too :lol Inly I don't us alcohol mixture..I usethe same mixture as I use for my film (film -on mixture)

as far as the overlap, I cut the tint on the first defroster, or bottom of the matrix, then overlap the vinyl about 1/8-1/4 inch. doesn't show at all. :lol

me too :hmmm Inly I don't us alcohol mixture..I usethe same mixture as I use for my film (film -on mixture)

as do I, but I take great joy in applying my vinyl :lol well, after prepping with alcohol, as TTS said.

Guest metint

as far as the overlap, I cut the tint on the first defroster, or bottom of the matrix, then overlap the vinyl about 1/8-1/4 inch. doesn't show at all. :lol

So you're saying tint first, vinyl second? :lol

I've encouraged those with this issue and not close defroster line to take the vinyl 1/2 inch below the dots into clear glass... the dots combined with the vinyl will certainly lift the film at the vinyl's edge (provided the vinyl goes down first). :hmmm

as far as the overlap, I cut the tint on the first defroster, or bottom of the matrix, then overlap the vinyl about 1/8-1/4 inch. doesn't show at all. :bling

So you're saying tint first, vinyl second? :lol

Yes..tint first, vinyl second :beer

I used to use plain old Avery vinyl, then I took TTS's advice and tried the HP line from Avery. It's thinner, so it conforms around the dots and almost always NO line overlapping the tint. Give it a try, I guarantee you'll notice a big difference. BTW, I've always used the same solution as I use for tinting with ZERO problems with the new HP vinyl.

Archived