2016 Camaro

pbalentine

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't make a tool long enough to reach the bottom of the new 2017 Camaro backglass.  

It is extremely tight.  Even the bulldozer flat or automotive doesn't do much good.  HUGE PAIN IN THE A$$  :wall  

I would suggest ordering a red and a yellow turbo in the 18" length and don't cut it except at the end to make a point.  Leave it at 18".  This is what I will do on the next one.

What a headache  post-28358-0-89399300-1449794634.gif

I cut the handle off a new bulldozer, laid it on top of a worn out one, just below center (gave me 4 extra inches) I drilled four holes and riveted them together. Gave me the reac and a bit more power on the squeegee blade. Reason I did this to begin with was because I was a couple inches short on reach when doing yacht windshields which required a bit of pressure to get the water out.

Yacht owners are picky bastards.

Cheers

I did my first one Friday. I was ready for a fight on the back glass. Planned to build tools for the bottom. But it went well. The titan got all the water out pretty well. It is a stretch. But it was all about how I held it and the angle to get the pressure on on the glass. Also I tried the reverse roll from the bottom up like someone on here mentioned for a new mustang. Worked like a champ. I plan to try it on other cars that are hard to get in. My knees need all the help they can these days

On 3/30/2016 at 3:24 PM, pbalentine said:

The back glass got even smaller and lays at an even lower angle. I couldnt even squeegee the bottom with my stroke doctor and had to just flush the bottom 5 inches or so. Just ordered another titan for the next ones. Also, the bg is not as wide...:i pulled out film for the bg from a 40" roll and used the scrap for one of the roll ups.

I know this is an old thread. I don't spend a lot of time up here but had mentioned to a few what I use and not that I can post pics I will leave them here

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

Archived