ANYONE EVER HAVE THIS HAPPEN

Guest shadytinting

Guest shadytinting

ok, I tinted this car on friday. the customer had a 97 pontiac bonneville. he wanted 20% tint so I told him that the front two windows will not be legal because here in philadelphia the limit is 30%, ok he gets it anyway, he just called me(monday) and told me that it is not 20% that I put on and he went to another local tint shop and of course they told him it wasn't 20%. what should I do if the customer comes in.

tell him to f%#k off or what.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

You broke the law and now your in a pickle.

But if you put 20% on then take him into your shop and show him 20% as it comes out of the box.

Guest tintgod

from what I get out of what you are saying is that...he wanted 20 and you put 30 and now he is upset with you putting 30% on the front doors..??....is that is...

?

Guest shadytinting

guest, no I did tint it the way he wanted it in 20%, and when it is as dead as it has been up here you would tint just about anything you can get your hands on thats why I did the job, I am sooo slow and broke right now.

Guest Film Maverick

I'd pull out my sample book and show him the film next to his window (I'm not even dealing with the legal aspect as I have had bad winters and done things I wouldn't have in Summer)

id pull it back in my shop, make him watch me strip it off one glass, then show him the inside of the tint tube where it tells the percentage of the tint on that roll and retint it for him, then show him what your tint meter reads and compare it to the other window. if he doesnt like it then, just strip both windows and send him down the street. customers like these will make you even more broke trying to please them.

Guest areyouthetintguy?

I will never criticze someone who is trying to make money to care for his family,and I dont want to hear that tinting illegal is the same as dealing dr*gs,I have heard that on here before and think it is a ridiculous statement,,anyway,there are certain times when you have to do what you have to do to make a buck,as long as you dont make a habit of it........as far as the percentage not being wehat he thinks...show him the roll and tell him to f off

Archived