Where do I start? A more logical set of questions.

Guest Johnny5104

Has the fire guy fell out of his tree?  

1. 1. Has the fire guy fell out of his tree?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, he fell off the Sear's Tower!

Guest thetintshop

you will find as this goes on, you will see alot of redundancy. but here you go.

1-it's not dirt or air, it's the felt cause ford's suck. use masking tape or remove the liner if you can.

2-learn to heat shrink the back glass.

3-depending on how limp wristed the tinter is, the matrix can look good or bad. but sometimes, like on mustangs, it won't look good no matter how good you are. I use vinyl, it looks good and most customers are willing to pay extra for it.

4-ask to be a shop boy for a while and "pick up" whatever you can.(pun intended) you won't make any money, but you'll earn a s**t load of experience.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest powertints

I started the same way. I started tinting when I was a resident FF and it worked out great. It is a great 2nd job for a FF. I asume you work a Detroit or modified detroit schedule. That's what I worked and it was great. I would make sure to leave plenty of time between your end of shift and first appt for the day though. Nothing like being on a working all night then going straight to work and tinting all day then going back to shift the next morning. Also, this schedule is grueling, so I would suggest only tinting like 2-3 days a week max to start. As far as getting tips on the trade, your at the right place. When you have a problem ask us, we will most likely have the solution. Be patient, it takes a long time to get it down good. Doing fellow FF's cars is good too, cause they won't be as bad as f-ing up a paynig customers car. Plus, when you get better, you can go back and fix their windows for em! Tint on man and stay safe, kill the beast for me too, it's been a while since I have had the chance.

he works with me at the base and right at this minute he is on the C-5 galaxy in the hangar putting a leading edge slate on the right wing. He is a Senior Airman (worker bee). I am a Technical Seargant that is why I get so much puter time :angel

Archived