spacer
suntekfilms

3M
Xpel
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
MutilateTheDead

Citroen C2 (With spoiler)

Hi guys, been tinting for a little while now (Tinted around 60 cars or so).

All was going well until I came to tint a Citroen C2 the other day, easiest car in the world!... well, it would of been if it wasn't for the shite spoiler that was in the way. The spoiler will not come off, both bolts that hold it on were rounded. I attempted the tint by cutting as close as possible to the hinges that come onto the rear screen and managed to shrink the tint. Got the tint on but I wasn't happy with the rough looking 3 - 4mm gap that surrounds the hinges. Customer turned up and showed him that there was a gap. He seemed OK about it but I wasn't. I've got him coming back next week so I can have another go. Is there any suggestions you guys could make to make this job look neater. I have to cut around the hinges as tucking the tint under them or removing the spoiler isn't an option. Is there any sort of vinyl I could put on the inside of the screen to get rid of the gap?

Thanks in advance.

For bgs with hinges or tight spoilers i trim the top barely short of the matrix and trim the bottom so its overlapping the matrix by about a 1/4". Then when you install that extra length at the bottom will allow you to shift the pattern up so it overlaps the top matrix.

If you want a pro looking result just take the spoiler off. Two screws and you're good to go. Just don't screw it back too tight

Both s

If you want a pro looking result just take the spoiler off. Two screws and you're good to go. Just don't screw it back too tight

Both screws were completely rounded mate, would of made the job 100 times easier.

For bgs with hinges or tight spoilers i trim the top barely short of the matrix and trim the bottom so its overlapping the matrix by about a 1/4". Then when you install that extra length at the bottom will allow you to shift the pattern up so it overlaps the top matrix.

Cheers for that :)

I did a back glass today on a merc a class with a spoiler in the way, couldnt be arsed removing so i made a template on the inside using a bit of release liner and a marker pen. I cut the top edge to shape prior to shrinking. Worked a treat.