• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try the film and software.......software is not even closed to dap.....the software is the most important thing about the ppf industry......i just wish xpel had competition with the dap software.....then it will be a different playing field......nonone come closed to the dap software....and i hate Xpel.......

I disagree. The film and the company standing behind their product is the most important point in the industry. I have used three different software programs and all are different. But if you take the time to learn them you can modify patterns easily as I do with Suntek so that costs can be minimized with DAP. I also bulk a lot of my installs these days... but I find it easier doing full panel wraps that way than using kits.

I talked with a couple other installers...they both said the same thing, Fees were too high, so they all bulk everything but the bumper (tossing in the headlights and side mirrors as well.)  The film waste is less than the fees when its all said and done. 

I do agree, DAP is the easiest to use though, which is why you have to pay to play

I think both of you are mistaken.  The installer is the most important part of ppf.  The best film or patterns in the world can't make a bad installer look good.

I think both of you are mistaken.  The installer is the most important part of ppf.  The best film or patterns in the world can't make a bad installer look good.

I have to agree with Jeff on this one. You have to have the skills in order to effectively install the film, regardless of the pattern fitment. 

I'm going under the assumption the installer knows what he is doing. But in the other thread you are trying to make it look as if your film is whats making local installers grow their business... so which is it? Cant have it both ways Jeff.

The real problem is that training courses are set up to make the poor suckers out there that after five or ten days training they are good to go and will make boatloads of cash.

Here buy this plotter, here buy this film, sign up for this software and you are good to go.

There is a reason this industry has a stupidly high churn rate in installers.

It's a lot tougher than people think to hit the standards now being demanded by the market.

Those poor suckers should remember generally the objective is to move boxes of raw material they are not your friends.

No matter how much they appear to be.

I'm going under the assumption the installer knows what he is doing. But in the other thread you are trying to make it look as if your film is whats making local installers grow their business... so which is it? Cant have it both ways Jeff.

The fact that the installer is the most important part of the equation doesn't change the fact that a good film company can help the installer in a variety of ways:

- hone their installation skillset

- guidance on price points that are respectable, sustainable, and good for the marketplace

- guidance on sales tactics for retail and wholesale,

- physically work and co-sponsor local events, 

- loaner tents, backdrops, and displays for events

- help land dealerships

- let them know what is too much to take on (we're very honest with new trainees that they need to be honest with themsleves about their current capabilities and to pass on jobs that are beyond that level).

- SEO

- Social media practices

- Business consulting (all non-installation aspects of the biz)

- Networking

A film company won't sell much film if they don't give installers the tools they need to succeed and grow their business.  Being that training is not a profit center, it behooves a company to make sure that they continue to assist installers long after they leave their first training class.

Archived