Every piece of the chain is important.

I'm an independent installer and I offer select films from select companies.

People don't want hacks, and people don't want good installers using crap film period. The business side of things is a huge burden, but that burden is mine to shoulder.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fees are high but the kits are worth it to me. I have two other programs and I will use the dap now 75%, because the other ones may have something better or different. I might make it on the Xpel locator again. Funny how I was on there then was taken off without an explanation.

I think both of you are mistaken.  The installer is the most important part of ppf.  The best film or patterns in the world can't make a bad installer look good.

I'm going under the assumption the installer knows what he is doing. But in the other thread you are trying to make it look as if your film is whats making local installers grow their business... so which is it? Cant have it both ways Jeff.

You're not making sense... In window tint a great brand can't overcome a bad installer. Having a good brand of anything does give an advantage and then it is up to the installer to make it right or not right. You just love bashing it seems

jeff, I use suntek film mostly, on occassion Xpel.  Dap is the easiest to use, but I guess if I took the time to learn trucut better, then I could say the same for it.

Im just pissed that 1000 of profit was eaten up, when trucut is just 100 per month, unlimited cuts.

100 per month, window film and ppf patterns???

I think both of you are mistaken.  The installer is the most important part of ppf.  The best film or patterns in the world can't make a bad installer look good.

I'm going under the assumption the installer knows what he is doing. But in the other thread you are trying to make it look as if your film is whats making local installers grow their business... so which is it? Cant have it both ways Jeff.

You're not making sense... In window tint a great brand can't overcome a bad installer. Having a good brand of anything does give an advantage and then it is up to the installer to make it right or not right. You just love bashing it seems

Not sure how I can make it any clearer for you. I said I am assuming the installer is a good installer... the guy who started this thread is so that's what I am speaking to. In another thread Jeff made it sound as if you use Xpel your business will grow because you are using Xpel film. To me its pretty common sense that only a good installer will be able to install properly... but even a good installer with a bad film still produces bad results. Might look good initially but over the long term the film wont hold up so its not a good result. Jeff did a pretty good job explaining his point. I think that is primarily true for beginning to intermediate installers trying to establish their business. For a good installer that has been in a market for a while most of that is really not necessary as an installers best advertising is word of mouth and referrals. IMHO... 

I don't like to bash. BUT I will call people out on bullshit when I see it. I don't care about stepping on toes. I'm tired of seeing such lack of integrity in the industry (well the country as a whole) so I am not letting it slide when I see it or experience it. Xpel has a good film, great patterns, but very poor business ethics from my experience which initiated most of the bashing. Had I not experienced that I would probably carry their film instead of just using the DAP when needed. I have met Eric and Jeff at Xpel and like both of them. My issues aren't with them because they are not running the company... in fact they do what they are told to do. My issues are with the leadership of the company as that is who has shown me they only care about the bottom line even if it means screwing the independent installer over. I believe in taking care of people... if that happens the bottom line will grow naturally as it should.

Archived