Nano vs Ceramic: CXP, Crystalline, PhotoSync vs...

So I'm all in on the Nano films (CXP, CR, PS) and had Crystalline on my last car.  This time around I was going to use CXP mainly due to cost-to-value ratio vs. Crystalline: similar performance specs across the board at 40/50% of price.  Additionally, I didn't care too much for the colors of CR: 70/60 looks bluish and 40/50 bronze/brown hue.  CXP looks more grey/charcoal uniformly across all shades.  

However, my local dealer threw me curve by introducing Panaflex Ceramic. The installer thought the PF ceramic does a better job in performance and is more expensive than CXP.  I'm not so sure -- all the specs I've read seem to indicate better performance numbers from the Nano films.  Plus I'm wary of this Panaflex ceramic since I only see limited info for film and company.  Can you guys help with the sanity check here?  What am I missing?  Thanks.

CXP is a nano-Carbon film which overall is a good film.  However, when it comes to performance most Ceramics outperform it and Crystalline is a night/day difference.  I would also recommend looking into Llumar CTX or Formula One Pinnacle.  The only films that will be on Crystalline performance level will be Huper Optik Ceramic, Huper Optik Drei, and Prestige Photosync.  However, Photosync is pretty new some people question their numbers because of the lack of outside testing.

Before you read below, keep in mind just because it says Carbon, Ceramic, etc doesn't mean it is any good.  Just depends on the specific brand in question.  Also "nano" just means the particles are smaller...that is it.  I am sure they will have a "nano" film available at Pep Boys or Walmart soon.

Here is Flexfilm Panaflex...top piece is out of the box and bottom piece is little under 3 years.  I have seen it start turning purple around the 10 month mark...3 cars all total all installed by us.  Not to mention the images below is the rest of Flexfilm's lineup.  Then there is this thread...http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/81956-flexfilm-failing/.

23916335074_d801599d5e_b.jpg

26472112582_eed9875b48_b.jpg

26498342711_62664173c4_b.jpg

26472112272_e9e77aa02d_b.jpg

So I'm all in on the Nano films (CXP, CR, PS) and had Crystalline on my last car.  This time around I was going to use CXP mainly due to cost-to-value ratio vs. Crystalline: similar performance specs across the board at 40/50% of price.  Additionally, I didn't care too much for the colors of CR: 70/60 looks bluish and 40/50 bronze/brown hue.  CXP looks more grey/charcoal uniformly across all shades.  

However, my local dealer threw me curve by introducing Panaflex Ceramic. The installer thought the PF ceramic does a better job in performance and is more expensive than CXP.  I'm not so sure -- all the specs I've read seem to indicate better performance numbers from the Nano films.  Plus I'm wary of this Panaflex ceramic since I only see limited info for film and company.  Can you guys help with the sanity check here?  What am I missing?  Thanks.

I think you may be reading into "BRANDS" way to much. My recommendation to you is go to your most experienced local shop and use or have them use what they recommend to you, overall a good standing business will take care of you.

CXP is way to green.

CRYSTALLINE is wierd lol color wise

PANAFLEX you are right its new,

but most of all these "brand" companies selling these updated films to customers/dealers is also new with exception of some manny's out there who've had ceramic for years. The more you read into brands the more confused you'll get. Good luck

CXP is a nano-Carbon film which overall is a good film.  However, when it comes to performance most Ceramics outperform it and Crystalline is a night/day difference.  I would also recommend looking into Llumar CTX or Formula One Pinnacle.  The only films that will be on Crystalline performance level will be Huper Optik Ceramic, Huper Optik Drei, and Prestige Photosync.  However, Photosync is pretty new some people question their numbers because of the lack of outside testing.

Before you read below, keep in mind just because it says Carbon, Ceramic, etc doesn't mean it is any good.  Just depends on the specific brand in question.  Also "nano" just means the particles are smaller...that is it.  I am sure they will have a "nano" film available at Pep Boys or Walmart soon.

Here is Flexfilm Panaflex...top piece is out of the box and bottom piece is little under 3 years.  I have seen it start turning purple around the 10 month mark...3 cars all total all installed by us.  Not to mention the images below is the rest of Flexfilm's lineup.  Then there is this thread...http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/81956-flexfilm-failing/.

Thank you for that very useful info; I'll be sure to stay away from the Panaflex.  In regards to the Ceramic, I've had Formula One Pinnacle on my wife's minivan and it's been going 4 years strong.  It still looks classy and very factory like to this day.  My sole reservation about it is there is no Pinnacle 70 or 80 for the windshield.  I would have to go to Air 80 which I've read cast more of a blue hue to it.  I'll look into Huper Optik as well.

I think you may be reading into "BRANDS" way to much. My recommendation to you is go to your most experienced local shop and use or have them use what they recommend to you, overall a good standing business will take care of you.

CXP is way to green.

but most of all these "brand" companies selling these updated films to customers/dealers is also new with exception of some manny's out there who've had ceramic for years. The more you read into brands the more confused you'll get. Good luck

I didn't mean to give an impression I was looking into the branding too much.  I guess I'm more comfortable with established brands (3M, Formula One/Llumar, Suntek, etc) due to their history and support for dealers and consumers -- hence my reservations about choosing someone like Flexfilms and Panaflex.  

CXP is a nano-Carbon film which overall is a good film. However, when it comes to performance most Ceramics outperform it and Crystalline is a night/day difference. I would also recommend looking into Llumar CTX or Formula One Pinnacle. The only films that will be on Crystalline performance level will be Huper Optik Ceramic, Huper Optik Drei, and Prestige Photosync. However, Photosync is pretty new some people question their numbers because of the lack of outside testing.

Before you read below, keep in mind just because it says Carbon, Ceramic, etc doesn't mean it is any good. Just depends on the specific brand in question. Also "nano" just means the particles are smaller...that is it. I am sure they will have a "nano" film available at Pep Boys or Walmart soon.

Here is Flexfilm Panaflex...top piece is out of the box and bottom piece is little under 3 years. I have seen it start turning purple around the 10 month mark...3 cars all total all installed by us. Not to mention the images below is the rest of Flexfilm's lineup. Then there is this thread...http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/81956-flexfilm-failing/.

Thank you for that very useful info; I'll be sure to stay away from the Panaflex. In regards to the Ceramic, I've had Formula One Pinnacle on my wife's minivan and it's been going 4 years strong. It still looks classy and very factory like to this day. My sole reservation about it is there is no Pinnacle 70 or 80 for the windshield. I would have to go to Air 80 which I've read cast more of a blue hue to it. I'll look into Huper Optik as well.

CXP is way to green.

I didn't mean to give an impression I was looking into the branding too much. I guess I'm more comfortable with established brands (3M, Formula One/Llumar, Suntek, etc) due to their history and support for dealers and consumers -- hence my reservations about choosing someone like Flexfilms and Panaflex.

I don't know much about Flex film but I like the guy who runs the show and does outstanding videos

Thank you for that very useful info; I'll be sure to stay away from the Panaflex.  In regards to the Ceramic, I've had Formula One Pinnacle on my wife's minivan and it's been going 4 years strong.  It still looks classy and very factory like to this day.  My sole reservation about it is there is no Pinnacle 70 or 80 for the windshield.  I would have to go to Air 80 which I've read cast more of a blue hue to it.  I'll look into Huper Optik as well.

Yes, AIR 80 has a touch of blue, but it is so minor I personally don't notice it.  Llumar CTX is a great match for AIR since it also has a touch of blue so ties in well.  Pinnacle actually has a green hue so if you haven't noticed that then I doubt the blue will be noticeable.  Also Huper Optik lighter shades will have a blue to them too...50 and up.

I don't know much about Flex film but I like the guy who runs the show and does outstanding videos

Ralph is a great guy, has tons of knowledge, and I truly believe he wants to have a great film.  He also has a great reputation as a tinter when he was in GA.  Just his film has not gotten there and the film failures are piling up.  So hopefully he will eventually get the film right.

Archived