3M FROST EDGES

Guest temonunez26

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest temonunez26

No just backrolled and trimmed excess using one segment length to trim. I run my finger along the side as I'm trimming. Cleaned the edges something to note the building was under construction and the frame was covered in small fine dirt/ sand. I tried to get as much as I could out I'm just thinking if some of it got stuck under there I mean I really really clean the frame. Not sure why its not sticking.

A : Why not bring the install conditions to the attention of your contact and arrange to install AFTER the construction clean?

B: IF you HAD to install that day why did you not clean the frames anywhere near where you would be moving a piece of film that was loaded with static that would suck in all the dust from the area... Just a spit of water and a rag would get it.

I couldnt fox. They threw me in there and expect the job done. Im it was up to me i agree post pone until the dust settled. Ill try that W trick. Dude im gonna feel so stupid if figure out it was something simple. Lol

Guest temonunez26

No just backrolled and trimmed excess using one segment length to trim. I run my finger along the side as I'm trimming. Cleaned the edges something to note the building was under construction and the frame was covered in small fine dirt/ sand. I tried to get as much as I could out I'm just thinking if some of it got stuck under there I mean I really really clean the frame. Not sure why its not sticking.

A : Why not bring the install conditions to the attention of your contact and arrange to install AFTER the construction clean?

B: IF you HAD to install that day why did you not clean the frames anywhere near where you would be moving a piece of film that was loaded with static that would suck in all the dust from the area... Just a spit of water and a rag would get it.

Also i did wipe all frame perimeter and used a little black foot in combo with a rag to wiped all edges also used a blue towels to soak up any water accumulating in the edges.

is this vinyl or poly ? i HATE using any poly frost film for that exact reason, if it slightly creases it won't sit down

trim the corners first before cutting the sides / bottom i normally do a 45 degree cut as close as possible to the corner of the glass then push film into corner gently with finger then isnert 5 way, less chance of creases

While you are waiting for the pics play with this:

Forget about stabbing and cutting 45° "mitres" out at each corner then pushing the film down and hoping its gonna sit.

Target and let your film fall where it sucks down to the glass.

Lock ONLY the film in the center areas out to each edge to about an inch before the film lifts off the glass and goes to the frame.

Now think of a W where all the angles are 90° and each arm is 2" long .

Turn the W so that its center is at the center of your corner of the frame. Here is the tricky part.

WITHOUT pushing the film down into the corner and using the frame as a guide, cut from the "upper " and "lower " 90° or (vertically and horizontally may be another description) towards the center of your W which corresponds to where the frames meet.

The more you do this the easier it is to judge exactly how far into the film you need to cut based on the depth of the frame.

After doing all 4 (or less if you have used a factory edge to frame) THEN trim your top/ sides /bottom and removing the last of your slip.

The above works for all films but especially well for any rigid film like the Fasaras or Security films.

If you like this tip click on the up arrow over there on the right or order up some Tint Fuel from Shawn and send it on up :lol

Mind blown. Any videos of this? Reading isn't my strong suit.

Archived