3M FROST EDGES

Guest temonunez26

I've been patiently waiting to see someone post something like this about Frost films. What FOX SAID is extremely helpful to some of you newcomers. It's taking me awhile to kind of master it. I have learned something new in the last 6 months

I've actually brought a little torch that you use for autos and if it's on single pane glass I'll sneak around the other side if no one's watching and I'll heat that corner up with the torch just a little bit. And you can mash it down.

Also I feel that cutting your film with less than a quarter inch of overhang on each side really makes it help turning out better getting that film in the corners

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The film gets "stressed" very easily. Especially Lulu Frost.

Very very deep frames can be a nightmare pushing it back in there. It really a patience thing.

I don't use Lulu frost for this very reason.

I have used a bic lighter to burn on/stick a bad spot a few times with whatever film(if the customer wasn't looking/lol)

But that or a heat gun won't fix a creased corner

For the deep recessed/frame corner cuts,,a smaller pattern is good or make a 45* cut very close to the corner/like carpet guys do

I have never used a 5 way tool in over 26yrs,,what do they look like? Lol

Ahah found the pics from 2008 when I was showing a new guy how to play this game.

3M Fasara Milky Milky is the beast we were playing with.

Not sure whats up with Photo bucket. The files were rotated correctly before uploading :facepalm2

Step one let it fall

2vxrg1y.jpg

Make your W's

2rh5glh.jpg

Trim the sides

Lock it up

dmvh9e.jpg

Archived