Cutting rolls

There are roll slitters available on the market. They are $5,000 +\- . A few weeks ago we did a deco job where we only needed the top 15" of a 71" roll. (. It was a fade pattern) the roll of film was aprox $1800.00, I stuck it under a chop saw at 18" and held my breath as I cut it. .. Worked out fine but the edges are probably not usable.

There are roll slitters available on the market. They are $5,000 +\- . A few weeks ago we did a deco job where we only needed the top 15" of a 71" roll. (. It was a fade pattern) the roll of film was aprox $1800.00, I stuck it under a chop saw at 18" and held my breath as I cut it. .. Worked out fine but the edges are probably not usable.

I hope you find a good home for the rest of that roll :blink

I hope you find a good home for the rest of that roll :blink

I couldn't bring myself to toss it. I originally planned on just slitting it and using what we needed, then throwing away the rest ( client paid for the whole roll) ... I stood there and looked at the waste... Looked at the chop saw... Looked at the waste ... Looked at the chop saw....

Archived