How many in a day

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I had a receptionist to cover the front desk and answer phone calls/walk ins and scheduled cars accordingly. I was able to do 4-5 in a day from opening/closing (8:30am-5:30/6pm) with a given lunch. I myself find that reasonable, could it be more? Sure. But I do pride myself a lot more in my work to have quality over quantity per day. 

Being that I no longer have a receptionist to handle walk ins. I can only do about 3, maybe 4 max if I'm lucky being that time gets eaten up easily. Since I do have to stop a few times per car depending on the clients who stroll in. 

I treat them all equally and try to educate them as much as I can, especially since the shop I manage is a 3M dealer the customers alllllll want to know the differences between each line of film, which is fine.......  :eyetwitch

I have first hand seen shops/installers who do the whole (15 per day) and the quality just is not there. Short cuts and gaps on quarters/back glass/roll ups. A lot of contamination and even creasing. I personally couldn't see myself being part of a shop that would do a work load of such that the installer themselves would have their quality questioned in the back of their own mind since they have so many cars to worry about. 

:twocents

Why argue with temonunez26?  ...  He is just trolling people and is an amateur at best.

Bingo, hate to do it, but it's time for Temo to go.

YUP!

:thumb

YUP!

:yep can't be civil about it :peace

NOPE!

Yup. He is obviously trolling and is full of s#!t...

YEP! YUP! AND FOR SURE!!

Guest Metro Films

12 hr day

10 cars in a day

breakdown 1 hr 10 min per car

that's impressive-i just know i'm not that guy

i would just love to see it-i know that i can learn a lot from a guy that could put that much quality work out. please let me know where you are so that i can come and visit. i'll take you out for dinner afterwards.

Im in Los Angeles.

instead of concentrating on vehicles, i'd rather look at the cash. who cares how much work you can push out as long as you can make what you want and keep the quality where you want it.

set a goal and then try to do the least amount of work to achieve that goal-that's the purpose of a job or business-to do the least amount of quality work and spend the least amount of money and energy and make the most profit possible. that's the objective of any job, business, company, or organization anywhere.

why is it that there are no crappy tinters that comment on here? we know there are more garbage guys than good guys.

with all the perfect and flawless work out there-maybe i am the shiot guy... i know i have a couple comebacks a year and when i look at my work i can say it is definitely not perfect or flawless(though i've never seen a perfect job yet in all my years dealing with cars-if anyone does perfect work i'd love to see it and get some tips. i'll gladly travel to your shop)

but i make my 3-4k a week and work 6-7 hrs a day so i'm happy

i have a nice list of customers that have been coming to me for years and i charge the most of anyone in my area

i have a guy down the road from me who claims flawless work who posts on here-i've seen the work :D

so i guess i'm the crap guy-glad to be here and happy to be the guy everyone talks about

I did a full Honda Accord, full Avalon, full mustang, a set of fronts on a Ram, Honda Crossover, F150 and that was enough for me. I waited for over an hour on a confirmation on shade for the mustang and once it got confirmed I had to wait another hour and a half for to get it after they had to put wheels exhaust and intake on it. It's hard to get rolling when your doing the hurry up to wait thing

Guest Metro Films

I had to call all the Window Tinting shop in my area to see who was hiring, to put together a proposal. Anyways, one of the shops that I called told me "we do quality jobs and we dont hire anyone who cant do quality jobs and 10 to 15 cars a day in a 7 hour day." I just started laughing and told him thank you for your time. Quality jobs with 10 to 15 cars on a 7 hour day even possible?

Its possible if you have a plotter and a prep guy normally its takes 12 hours to do that many

Archived