How many in a day

Im a 1 man shop for the most part and im doing anywhere from 12 to 25 cars a week. I dont mind 3-4 cars a day but anything more than that makes it too much like a job. I have those days though and try to focus on the $$ to push me through.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

instead of concentrating on vehicles, i'd rather look at the cash.  who cares how much work you can push out as long as you can make what you want and keep the quality where you want it.

set a goal and then try to do the least amount of work to achieve that goal-that's the purpose of a job or business-to do the least amount of quality work and spend the least amount of money and energy and make the most profit possible.  that's the objective of any job, business, company, or organization anywhere.

Well out of three years I have only had three come back with a problem with a window peeling or something small. I'm comfortable with two a day. My work is much better and I don't feel rushed. In time I'll shoot for more. But thanks for all the info. Solar hard scratches really easy. I can't seem to touch it with a blue max without sctratching it. And another thing where I'm located it's hard to get a good price for a job cause it's a small town where everyone thinks 170 for a full car with strip is high. Plus I wash and clean the car after I'm done.

I tint about 13 a week. And I struggle with pricing. For the film I use. Cause other places don't use a film that will last and they charge what j charge and it's hard to get ppl to see that.

:devilangel Ok, so you are putting out good work.... That's great, but how much film are you using to put out said good work??

If you can do a car the first time, and that car NOT come back for ANY reason,,, then great. :thumb Keep it up, you'll be fine as long the price point is right.

If you are burning up tons of film before the car leaves the bay(trying to get an install that won't be back),,,,then you have an issue!!!

Quality of install has many levels and all needs to be done together properly, and only one time!! :twocents

yea I don't have to do Windows over and over I do em once and hear and there I may cut one twice. But overall that is Mabey one a week at most. Like a said I pace my self for material sack and quality of my work. Cause wasting material is huge and cost more money than it's worth. Now when I first started I think I bought more than I spent lol. But I have been going steady like this for the past 2 years. First year was a struggle for sure.

Make sure you have film options...if you have a standard dyed film versus another shop with a standard dyed film then I could see where it is hard to offer a higher price.  However, if you offer higher end options then you will have people looking for that and paying more.  Something like Global or SolarFX will allow you to have these options and still great pricing.  If you want more of a name that people may recognize more than Llumar would be a great option, but a little pricier.  I would also take a hard look at all the other shops and try to figure out what they are not offering (besides quality film or install quality) and offer it.  Could be something like No Fault Warranty where you will replace up to 1 window for free if they damage it.  Just an example.

Archived