ANY TIPS FOR THIS NEWBEEE on side windows please

derf27

I recently started to learn to tint, I've seem to have the whole back dry shrinking pretty good. BUUUUUT! the doors is what gets me every time!! fingers fingers fingers on installing. Do i shrink it? do i not? what do i do? any advice? maybe good video references?

Thank you all in advance

I'll shrink most side windows. After my pattern is cut I lay the film against the outside glass so that the bottom is about half an inch above the door's flap, then move all excess film into finger shapes at the bottom. Heat those out, then force a couple more to pop up and heat those out, just to make sure it's tight. I don't want fingers coming up during installation.

If you're going to leave the panel on what tintdude said. Only thing that I do different is I'll shrink the fingers then lift\roll the bottom of the film up about two or three inches, then just let it fall/lay down. Go back over it with the heat gun guaranteed no fingers. Or you can just pull the panel or sweep and not really have too shrink that much.

Learn to snap the patterns. Most side windows just require a snap. Around here this technique is call Wierdo names like down under shrink etc. basically I put the pattern upside down and left the bottom/top edge since it's upside down and lightly pull while applying heat. This mimics regular heat shrinking. Hold the heat longer if it's a more curved window.

Archived