Vinyl wrap ca sales tax question

elite restyling

For those of you guys that do full color changes. I was told that the only time you charge sales tax is when you print the design. I was told if you do a solid color change, roof wrap, striping, chrome delete you can charge one solid rate kind of like window tint as long as you pay the tax on the material when purchased. Does anyone know if this is true? I've been charging tax on the sqft of the material and then charging labor with no tax of course.

In British Columbia, I pay GST only on products that are for resale like tint and vinyl. Because its for resale, PST is not charged until it hits the end consumer. Say I do a tint job for a dealership, I only charge GST and use the original GST paid as an ITC against my total collected GST. I would not charge them PST as it is for resale and they will collect PST from their end customer, unless they are tax exempt/status first nations. All retail customers pay me GST and PST as they are the end consumer from me.

In GA we have to either charge tax on material only or on complete job.  If you charge only on the material, then your invoice has to state the material and labor seperate.  We charge tax on the whole service.  This is of coarse if we do not pay tax on the film when we purchase it.

Archived