Xpel just took a big job from us!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think they would just now allow other dealers in the areas they are already in and place dealers only in areas they are not.  The only way I see that working is if the price they are charging is a lot higher than the independent dealers.  So you can go to actual XPEL for a premium price or choose an authorized dealer for a lower price.  Personally I would go direct to XPEL since I would assume nobody will do as good of a job than the actual maker of the film.  Which brings me back to not having dealers there.  Plus as far as training installers just for them to leave, why not have a contract they have to sign stating if you leave prior to X time, they owe X amount for the training.  Definitely a weird business model.

Funny thing is, from what I have heard and seen. The installations at Xpel are quite sub par quality. 

I have seen the same thing with installations directly from 3M. 

Yeah, usually ends up that way, but from a customer that wouldn't know better, they would assume the opposite.

So, I checked with our Houston rep, and they've never even talked to the car owner.  The contact at the Lambo store called our store manager and simply said he had a Huracan Spyder to schedule.  

Typically, we have opened shops in areas where there were not existing XPEL installers and others came on board later.  That is also the case here, although I still haven't seen that this is even an XPEL customer.

Dynamic, you are exactly right, and that is exactly the plan.  

Please folks, PLEASE get facts before casting stones. 

So, I checked with our Houston rep, and they've never even talked to the car owner.  The contact at the Lambo store called our store manager and simply said he had a Huracan Spyder to schedule.  

Typically, we have opened shops in areas where there were not existing XPEL installers and others came on board later.  That is also the case here, although I still haven't seen that this is even an XPEL customer.

Dynamic, you are exactly right, and that is exactly the plan.  

Please folks, PLEASE get facts before casting stones. 

We got a call from Eric today and he talk to my partner asking for my personal number. He kept it short basically saying that Xpel would not do that to another Xpel Dealer (us).  My partner say he was polite and professional. He ask me to leave it alone and do what we do best....running our business!!!!!!

I ACTUALLY WAS GOING TO LEAVE THIS ALONE AND NOT REPLY....BUT SINCE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY....

I can post up screen shot of the number, Xpel receipt for film, & Dap software receipt....but will not do that due to Eric keeping it professional...but you on the other hand...got a mouth...

If we wasn't Xpel customer...why would ERIC CALL US ????????  I WONDER WHY...HMMMMMM....

My customer text me telling me he is bringing the car on Saturday to have it completely ppf and will not do it with Xpel. The lambo dealership is one of Xpel account and so is other dealership on the north side of Houston. Someone at Xpel told the Lambo sale guys that only Xpel have the cut for the car and that no one else have it.....Not knowing that the other guy (us) have access to the DAP software and are Xpel dealer since we only buy film from Xpel. My customer got worry and switch....which I didn't want to make a big deal with him since we service all of his vehicles.  He was lie too....by Xpel and Lambo sale guys....

To be honest....looking back...We had a small chance of taking this job....since it was Xpel dealer account....They wouldn't let this car get away from them... and they won!!!!!!!!!

The reason why I posted this topic....Is to let other Xpel dealer know around the world that this can happen to them....The fact that you operate in the same town as your dealer is not right.  We spend money to market all of the product we sell and service....Our educated customer will look up these product and be like....they got the best product....BUT WAIT....one of the product is sell and service here by the maker.....I'M GOING THERE.

When I spoke to Eric, he said he did not know who you were by any of the names you gave us and I asked him to look into it and reach out to you.  You can understand that if we have no record of any purchases under the names that you gave us, how it might cause concern.  Please feel free to e-mail (jphillips@xpel.com) me a copy of the receipt so I can make sure you are listed correctly.  If you are an XPEL dealer, and meet the qualifications, we need to have you listed on the locator as a legit source.

We'd also like to help you gain business in your part of town, being that we'd have no interest in servicing dealerships on your side of town.

As for not having access to the patterns, we have not created patterns for that car yet, but will be able to create full car patterns as soon as we see it.

Those that are loyal XPEL users that offer good work and a quality customer experience in the same market as an XPEL shop will get full support in growing their business.  

I'm not a PPF guy.. But if I were, ..no way..no how..no chance , I would buy a single scrap of material from a distributor that also had a instillation arm of the business. This scinario is a recipie for failure to the dealer. What small dealers don't realise is that without them, the mfrs that are eating from both sides of the plate, can not survive. ..Shop owners need to stand their ground and kick double dippers to the curb. .02

Archived