Xpel just took a big job from us!!!!!

So, I checked with our Houston rep, and they've never even talked to the car owner.  The contact at the Lambo store called our store manager and simply said he had a Huracan Spyder to schedule.  

Typically, we have opened shops in areas where there were not existing XPEL installers and others came on board later.  That is also the case here, although I still haven't seen that this is even an XPEL customer.

Dynamic, you are exactly right, and that is exactly the plan.  

Please folks, PLEASE get facts before casting stones. 

This topic came up over a year ago and there was a lot of bad information coming from your end on this as well. I know for a fact I went through your training about 4 or 5 years ago and met an installer based out of Houston going through the advanced training course. He contacted me almost a year later and you guys went in and undercut him on pricing thus taking some of his dealership accounts. To say you didn't have any Houston based independent installers is false. There were 3 to 4 there I knew of before you guys opened your Houston location... and I remember talking to you on the phone asking about the rumor of you guys opening a Houston location. You said you weren't then 4 months later there is a Houston store. I called you back and you stated "at the time we had no plans to open a Houston store"... just what I would expect from a politician. Jeff come on... don't act blindsided by this. This as well as other issues came up over a year ago and Tim was caught lying multiple times. With you guys tracking the cuts through DAP you know exactly what and how many kits installers are cutting at a location... that gives you an idea of where the volume is and you can get in very easily.

Now I have been down to Houston numerous times to install film for clients who bought cars through Lamborghini of Houston. The owner of the dealership is friends with the head guy at Xpel... cant remember names... but the service department made that clear to me. I've also seen the quality of work coming out of there to include a Murci that was completely cut up... so I'm not too worried about it competition wise. But if we are getting into this conversation again Jeff YOU better have your facts straight. I think we saw what happened last year in that thread... and situations like this were predicted to happen. You have an unfair advantage over independent shops which is why you shouldn't open one anywhere near other Xpel installers.

So are they still installing for that Lambo location?

As far as I know. I can barely stay on top of what I have here in Dallas... so I don't get down to Houston much anymore. Funny thing is as everyone knows the installer is a big part of the equation in being successful. The film is the other aspect. Suntek must be doing pretty well for me... and they are the best film company I have done business with. I have also been installing Suntek since it came out and have not had one single warranty issue... that's much better than I can say for Xpel.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, just to recap what's going on:

- Users of competitors products are worried about what we are doing

- XPEL users and consumers love doing business with us, and are constantly growing

- People have to spin the facts or create stories to try to make us look bad.

- We have had excellent growth and increased brand equity

Sounds like we're doing things just right, if you ask me. :thumb

The only spin I see is coming from you Jeff. I know FOR A FACT what you told me on the phone and then what you guys did. Dodge it all you want but it is the truth. And I did offer Xpel film up until the point you guys became unethical in your business dealings. And the fact that these threads even pop up show that not all Xpel users are happy with you guys... maybe instead of being arrogant you should LISTEN to what people are saying. But you guys only care about the bottom line no matter who you step on along the way... so yeah I expect to see the same BS coming from that direction. I sincerely hope 3M rips you guys a new one.

So, I checked with our Houston rep, and they've never even talked to the car owner.  The contact at the Lambo store called our store manager and simply said he had a Huracan Spyder to schedule.  

Typically, we have opened shops in areas where there were not existing XPEL installers and others came on board later.  That is also the case here, although I still haven't seen that this is even an XPEL customer.

This topic came up over a year ago and there was a lot of bad information coming from your end on this as well. I know for a fact I went through your training about 4 or 5 years ago and met an installer based out of Houston going through the advanced training course. He contacted me almost a year later and you guys went in and undercut him on pricing thus taking some of his dealership accounts. To say you didn't have any Houston based independent installers is false. There were 3 to 4 there I knew of before you guys opened your Houston location... and I remember talking to you on the phone asking about the rumor of you guys opening a Houston location. You said you weren't then 4 months later there is a Houston store. I called you back and you stated "at the time we had no plans to open a Houston store"... just what I would expect from a politician. Jeff come on... don't act blindsided by this. This as well as other issues came up over a year ago and Tim was caught lying multiple times. With you guys tracking the cuts through DAP you know exactly what and how many kits installers are cutting at a location... that gives you an idea of where the volume is and you can get in very easily.

Now I have been down to Houston numerous times to install film for clients who bought cars through Lamborghini of Houston. The owner of the dealership is friends with the head guy at Xpel... cant remember names... but the service department made that clear to me. I've also seen the quality of work coming out of there to include a Murci that was completely cut up... so I'm not too worried about it competition wise. But if we are getting into this conversation again Jeff YOU better have your facts straight. I think we saw what happened last year in that thread... and situations like this were predicted to happen. You have an unfair advantage over independent shops which is why you shouldn't open one anywhere near other Xpel installers.

As far as I know. I can barely stay on top of what I have here in Dallas... so I don't get down to Houston much anymore. Funny thing is as everyone knows the installer is a big part of the equation in being successful. The film is the other aspect. Suntek must be doing pretty well for me... and they are the best film company I have done business with. I have also been installing Suntek since it came out and have not had one single warranty issue... that's much better than I can say for Xpel.

Dude, I am new to this but looking at your posts about xpel I can see you use? their patterns yet you hate them.. What gives there? Also I checked around asking about the dealership in Houston and I hear they are still using xpel for installs. You said they cut a car all over yet anyone with common sense would know that if what you said were true, about cutting an old Murci, then any installer, you, xpel, or anyone else would be booted. You know that. Of course from what I can see you know all, must be nice in the clouds

Dude, I am new to this but looking at your posts about xpel I can see you use? their patterns yet you hate them.. What gives there? Also I checked around asking about the dealership in Houston and I hear they are still using xpel for installs. You said they cut a car all over yet anyone with common sense would know that if what you said were true, about cutting an old Murci, then any installer, you, xpel, or anyone else would be booted. You know that. Of course from what I can see you know all, must be nice in the clouds

For being new to this you sure make a lot of assumptions. I have always stated Xpel makes great patterns... no secret there... but the film is not what I would want to carry. So I stopped. Long story short is the adhesive is far too sensitive and creates more issues with the film than it does good. Second I saw first hand the cut paint so I know what I am talking about. The SOLE reason why Xpel is in with Lamborghini of Houston is the owner of the dealership is good friends with one of the top people at Xpel. That is what the service manager communicated to me when I last went down there. Anyone that has had some time in this industry will know that Xpel will not have the best installers down there working for them. If the installer is that good he will go into business for himself and do MUCH BETTER financially. I was down in San Antonio recently wrapping an entire 488 for a client who bought the car from the Ferrari dealership there. I saw numerous cars in a warehouse with Xpel wrap jobs on them and I was not impressed. Those are installs coming from the main location so I would expect first class work. When the salesman shows me cars that had lifting issues and the fix Xpel did was "cutting the finger out that had lifted leaving a V cut in the film" that is not acceptable and should never be done. It looked like common practice from what I saw on a few cars there. I don't hate Xpel... I just do not agree with their business practices as a lot of others are finding out. There are some good people there but then from what I have seen there are some people in leadership positions that only care about the bottom line... which has meant they step on the independent installers in particular when opening their own installation shops. If I really wanted to just bash them trust me I would be in here much more often. But it doesn't serve any purpose to do so especially since others are now seeing what I have been talking about for years. If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer them for you.

which has meant they step on the independent installers in particular when opening their own installation shops.

The fact is Xpel has 5 or 6 install shops in the entire US. There's 17 million new car sales per year and PPF penetration is increasing every year. Plenty of business to go around...

With the help of their installer base they have created more awareness around PPF than probably Suntek and 3M combined. They created self healing film which changed the industry and they have excellent software. On a net net basis, they've done more to grow this industry than anyone else and as a whole, the industry has benefited.

Does anyone else get a weird vibe? So there's one guy that supposedly operates in Dallas but yet knows everything and have all kinds of things to say about dealerships in Houston. And then there's the other who subs out his ppf jobs and so call claims someone stole one of his jobs? And also give false identity.. Hmmm..This is starting to be more like a soap opera. Y'all 2 should tinder each other.

Does anyone else get a weird vibe? So there's one guy that supposedly operates in Dallas but yet knows everything and have all kinds of things to say about dealerships in Houston. And then there's the other who subs out his ppf jobs and so call claims someone stole one of his jobs? And also give false identity.. Hmmm..This is starting to be more like a soap opera. Y'all 2 should tinder each other.

I will leave Tinder to you since I am usually too busy working. Plus I don't need a hookup app... I am doing just fine on my own.

Just so you know I am a mobile installer and have worked all over the US over the last 13 years. I also fly out to Hawaii about once a  year for a few clients to work on their vehicles. So a short 3.5 hour drive down to Houston is nothing and easily worth the money. I have clients all over the state who I consistently do work for... so that's how I know about areas like Houston. It just took one trip down to wrap an Aventador to find out from the dealership directly what was going on there. Not sure why that is "weird" to you. Go into some other threads and you will see there are a lot of people complaining about Xpel moving into their areas and taking their accounts. As far as you pointing out the other individual in here who claimed a job was stolen from them saying they have a false identity you are being pretty hypocritical seeing hwo your name is "the punisher (which is pretty lame by the way) and you list no business associated with your profile. You don't even list a country you are in. Talk about fake profiles.

If you are coming to SEMA this year send me a PM. I am easy to find and do not hide my identity from anyone. I will happily show you around since you don't seem to know much about America, the PPF industry, or anything else for that matter except being a hypocrite.

which has meant they step on the independent installers in particular when opening their own installation shops.

The fact is Xpel has 5 or 6 install shops in the entire US. There's 17 million new car sales per year and PPF penetration is increasing every year. Plenty of business to go around...

With the help of their installer base they have created more awareness around PPF than probably Suntek and 3M combined. They created self healing film which changed the industry and they have excellent software. On a net net basis, they've done more to grow this industry than anyone else and as a whole, the industry has benefited.

I agree 100%. You would think they would be able to move those installation shops into a market without going into the very dealerships already being serviced by independents pushing Xpel and find new business. As far as growing the industry that is 100% speculation and simply can not be proven. Sure they repeat those very lines over and over but I don't always believe what I hear especially from the very people who lied directly to me about these very installation shops you point out. What's the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."  So Xpel markets the crap out of themselves but the installer ends up paying for that. I seem to have done just fine with Suntek and letting my work speak for itself. It will also be interesting to see how this 3M legal issue goes. Obviously there is a reason they are being sued or 3M wouldn't be going after them.

Archived