wind noise after tint job

2003 buick park avenue- hearing a lot of wind noise from drivers side  door but cant pinpoint it. the tinters keep saying they  will stop by but never show. all of the seals around the door seem intact. i can hear everything outside and it is not directional. i can hear tire noise and wind on glass. the panel is not loose. anyone had this experience and could tell me a possible diy fix or want to make 100$ in the bay area?

Only thing that jumped out to me is they possibly may not have the insulation back up correctly. You could pull the panel to make sure it's all up and in place. There's a couple videos on YouTube on how to do that particular vehicle.

practically bought this car because of its quietness. also its engine is made of metal so it doesnt bend as much like aluminium. also timing chain. sold my honda to buy it. also it has 60,000 miles.

Please try and pull your door trim...

I hate it when I buy a car because of it's quietness and somebody goes and makes it all noisy on me. :blink

Although... I drove a Prius the other day and didn't even know it was turned on..

If you can't figure it out, Maybe you should sell up and get a Prius?

Check the seals at the top of the door skin.. If that doesn't work... Get yourself an AC/DC, CD and turn it up! :headbang

practically bought this car because of its quietness. also its engine is made of metal so it doesnt bend as much like aluminium. also timing chain. sold my honda to buy it. also it has 60,000 miles.

You bought it because it's engine is metal and has a timing chain? Are you sure the windows are up all the way?

windows are up all the way. sprayed silicone on all of the seals. yes the 3800 series 2 motor is mostly made of iron and steel unlike the wimpy aluminium engines of today that simply warp over time with heat. also stock the engine featuresRoller cams, slipper pistons, thin rings, full floating bronze bushed wrist pins, windage tray, roller rocker arms. from the factory.

windows are up all the way. sprayed silicone on all of the seals. yes the 3800 series 2 motor is mostly made of iron and steel unlike the wimpy aluminium engines of today that simply warp over time with heat. also stock the engine featuresRoller cams, slipper pistons, thin rings, full floating bronze bushed wrist pins, windage tray, roller rocker arms. from the factory.

I had no idea, I actually had the 3.8 in my montecarlo, although supercharged. Very good engine. Maybe they didn't get the seals seated right?

Archived