2015 Mercedes S550 coupe - anyone done?

Blackdout

I have done 1. Doors are straight forward. Back window is a tight small space. Brake light comes out by removing the cover then sliding the plastic tab to the side on either side of the light.Now the side quarter glass, oh man! They roll up and down and go to a point in the back .I didn't have a ton of time with the car because it was a dealer and the guy was from out of town.(imagine that).It was tough getting them tucked in the rear. I didn't really look to remove the sweep much. So I would plan on some extra time with those.

The quarter glass are very hard. This is the same quarter glass that is on the 2 door e class. I put blue plastic tape around the gasket that i buy from home depot....i installed this glass with the glass rolled up and side it in and pushnit up...I lightly tact it down on the bottom and rolled down the window just a little bit....then i line it up to the straight edge and tact it down....you might have alot of dust the first go around but u will get it....all the other glass are easy..

Don't be afraid to put masking tape around the whole window, you will need it, I also taped the felt side of the sweep, I had no idea how to remove it. To install I roll it almost all the way up, bottom load, lightly squeegee the bottom, enough to where it isn't sliding all over but not so much that I couldn't move it, then rolled it down a bit, set top edge and inched it up while squeegeeing the back corner.

• 3 weeks later...

Use a bone or plastic flat panel puller, gently pry the panel back from inside the car. Use 2 hands and be very very very careful the clips can cut through the leather on the panel. The sweep pills out from the back, roll the window up almost all the way. I don't shrink these either and install in one peice. 1 shot or as you guys say. Bottom load. I also file these all the way to the back. P.S. these all need felt applied so you literally have to pull all sweeps. It is definitely a tough install to do correctly but if you have the patience you will have a very clean job and a happy customer. Doing these steps also allows the customers to roll there Windows down immidiately. Just the car that you spend that extra 10 minutes prepping for a clean install. On the older models you need to remove 3 small torx screws towards the front where the chrome peice is. This method also works for the e-class coupes.

Archived